Saturday, January 28, 2023

Miscellaneous Drawings #7

                                                  Previous parts: #1, #2 #3, #4#5 and #6
Greetings everyone, 
I figured it was time for another drawing post. I have a lot of new drawings to share. 
Let's begin: 

This is The Mother of the Elements, the mother of the gods from this post.
I had not drawn her before, and her design took me a while to figure out. I like how her dress turned out, and I decided give her a different body type than the other gods. 


I figured it was time to update Detective Inspector Time's profile photo. In the original drawing, I had made his hair the wrong length, and it didn't fit the current version of him. 

Fiáina and Mother of the Element doing each other's hair. This pose was tricky to draw, but I enjoyed drawing it. 

A drawing of Ferdinand Diggory from the Haunted Sketchbook. This is the first time I've drawn the character, and I like how his appearance turned out.

You will be hearing more about his story soon... 


 
Fiáina's hair changes depending on the season. Since she is the goddess of nature, I thought it made sense for her hair to change during the seasons. The idea came from this drawing I did of her in the past: 
I was uncertain when I first created her, whether I wanted her hair to be red or brown. I wasn't sure I'd make her have red hair again, but then someone suggested I should have her hair change based on the seasons. So, that is what ended up happening. 

This is what Fiáina's hair looks like in the winter.  I wanted her to have icicle-like hair for the winter. She wears an evergreen dress during the winter seasons, rather than a leaf one. 

A drawing of my dog, Toto. I'm almost done with the children's book about him. I thought I would draw this quick sketch, as a sort of "I'm almost there, yay!" celebration. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which drawing is your favorite? What's your favorite season?
-Quinley 

12 comments:

  1. I really like the idea that the Nature Goddess's hair changes colour with each season! I liked all your drawings, but especially the Mother of the Elements, Ferdinand Diggory, and Toto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite season is probably summer, although autumn is pretty awesome with the changing leaves, and winter has its own beauty. lol

    I do like how her hair changes with the seasons, that's a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is so nice, I love the changing of the leaves (and also the fact that ghost stories are often told around that time because of Halloween). And the snow is so beautiful in winter.

      Thank you. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. These are all great, but I'm especially taken by Detective Inspector Time, Ferdinand Diggory, and the seasonal Nature Goddess studies... something about the fierce outraged set of their jaws is very appealing. The puppy, of course, is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mother of the Elements's dress is very clever! Same for the Nature Goddess's hair changing depending on the season.

    "The Nature Goddess and Mother of the Element doing each other's hair."
    That's cute, and very well done!

    Is Toto your real-life dog? His eyes look so human 👀.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. 💙
      Toto is my real-life dog, the children's book I am illustrating/writing was inspired by him. 😃
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. The Ferdinand Diggory drawing is fantastic! I love the expression that you gave him. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cool! I wish I knew how to draw so I could draw my own characters too, it seems so fun 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) It took a lot of practice for me to get where I am. I'd love to hear about your characters. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.