Thursday, January 19, 2023

God of Mischief | An Original Song

I wrote a song about my character, Karleon. He is a character who I have talked about before, and you may recognize him as the blue haired elf who wished you a happy New Year's. Karleon, if you don't know already is the god of mischief from the Fantasy world I'm world-building. And this song, I envision being played in a tavern, and would often be played during the Festival of Magic in honor of him.                                                    

                                                   Here is the lyric video for the song: 

You can also listen to it here 

And below is the audio for the song without the lyric video.  When I posted a song through SoundCloud previously, there were technical difficulties. This time around I have included both the 
  Soundcloud and Bandlab audio versions of this song. So if you're stuck and they won't play you can click on either, or click on the link below to be taken directly to the pages where they are posted. 
 
                                  Phoenix The Poet · God of Mischief
                                                 You can also listen to it here

 

You can also listen to it here

💙 Lyrics ðŸ’™

In between worlds was a god,

Under a facade of innocence,

The world was in a prolonged bliss,


For there was no chaos in it,

Come to me, come to me.

 Karleon, come to me,

God of mischief and prophecy,

Come to me, come to me.


The magic from the world was hidden,

To be used by mortals was forbidden,

But the gods hatched a plan,

And the quest to release chaos

Began.


Come to me, come to me.

Oh Karleon, come to me,

God of chaos and prophecy,

Come to me, come to me.


With beauty and slyness,

Did they steal magic,

From the righteous

King and queen,


Things are never as they seem,

Things are never as they seem,


So, magic of all kinds was released,

To mortal, king, princess, peasant, and priest.


So balanced the world became,

And things were never the same.


Come to me, come to me.

Oh Karleon, come to me,

God of thieves and prophecy,

Come to me, come to me.


This was Karleon’s first trick,

Before he became the sly and slick,

God we’ve come to know,

Now go out into the winter snow,

And remember this tale,


And know not to underestimate,

What all of us 

Can create.


Oh Karleon, come to me,

God of many things and prophecy,

Come to me, come to me.

Come to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's your favorite lyric from my song? Do you have a favorite trickster deity or myth involving a trickster? 

-Quinley 

5 comments:

  1. I love the story that the lyrics are telling. It is so vivid and powerful. <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favourite two lines are: "So, magic of all kinds was released,/To mortal, king, princess, peasant, and priest." I think magic should be available to all, so this resonated with me.

    I love the Norse myths of Loki the trickster and the Marvel movies/series with him as well. I also have a soft spot for Coyote, the trickster in North American indigenous mythology. And finally -- Bugs Bunny, who has been identified as a trickster figure in our modern culture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does look mischievous! And I love the tavern sounds at the beginning. It does almost sound like a bard or minstrel beginning to sing... :)

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.