Thursday, March 9, 2023

Denisse Grigory the Shapeshifting Rock-star | The Result of the Survey

 


Today is my blog's seventh anniversary! 

It was fun reading everyone's answers and coming up with a character based on them. It caused me to end up with a character, who is different from my other characters. 

The Video 

Here's the video of the finished character, showing how I ended up coming up with her from your responses. It took me some brainstorming to figure out how your ideas should come together to create a cohesive character, but I like how the end result turned out. 

๐ŸŽธFind out more about Denisse Grigory๐ŸŽธ

Denisse Griggory is a rock-star touring with her band in an urban fantasy world. She has the ability to shape shift and often shape shifts into a wolf. Besides that, she has nature healing spells that she can play on her guitar. She mainly uses her electric guitar to perform magic, while the shapeshifting was a power she got at birth. Her parents were trying to make her stand out when they had her, so they decided to name her Denice with a double s, instead of a c. (And also she views them as being weird for naming her that, but despite that she has never changed her name and wonders if her parents were obsessed with snakes). 

She wants to be known for her work and for her band to dominate the (music) world. While she isn't religious (instead she is more spiritual), she would like to be enlightened spiritually, as she views her magic and her music as beneficial to her spiritual journey. She lost her parents (they vanished mysteriously), so her immediate goal is to reunite with them. 

Denisse is someone you don't want to cross: while she is a healer for her band mates, she is intimidating to those who aren't. She also has a dark sense of humor, which is well received by her band mates, but not by everyone, and she sometimes worries she will lose a friend over it.

However, the stability of her band-life doesn't last, because one of her bandmates gets murdered-- and it appears that not everything is what it seems, for everyone could be lying. 

(Denisse in wolf form). 

 ๐ŸŽถ Playlist ๐ŸŽถ

While not all the songs in this playlist ended up being the character's theme song, I thought I would compile all the songs that people suggested into a playlist. 

If you don't have a Spotify here is the Youtube version, which you can listen to here

Anyway, this was fun! Thank you to everyone who participated in this. It was awesome seeing how the answers came together to create a character. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you like most about Denisse? Also, do you like designing characters? If, so what's your favorite part about character creation/design? 
-Quinley 

18 comments:

  1. Another wonderful character, and you put so much thought and effort into getting all the smal details done.. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. :) I'm glad you like Denisse.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. Shape-shifting rock star is one I wouldn't ever thought up. I like Denisse's healing ability - that is a very handy ability. Can she heal herself then? I've come across characters who are healers but they can't heal themselves because it's the down side of that ability but maybe it's different with Denisse. You didn't say Denisse's age so I'll assume she's in her early twenties.

    I do like creating characters but I don't always know what they are like until I write their story. I don't think I've ever create a character out of other people's opinions and ideas and make a drawing but it certainly sounds like fun.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I hadn't thought about that, but Denisse probably has the ability to heal herself-- singing is therapeutic and her healing magic comes from her guitar. I've seen healing oneself done in D&D, where a character is able to heal themselves. So, I think in this magic system it's possible. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

      That's true, I found that is the case with my characters, too. I don't tend to know who they are fully until I start drawing them a lot or writing about them.

      You too.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. Oh, Denisse ROCKS! hahahaha! I particularly like that she shape-shifts into a wolf. Happy Blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness....I love her!! She sounds like such a fascinating person. I love her style as well.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogoversary!!!

    I like that she uses her music to work magic.

    Awesome playlist too. Queen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice

      Reminds me of Dazzler from Marvel too- she used music to power her powers, converting sound into light

      Delete
    2. Thank you. :)
      Roberta had a wonderful suggestion for the playlist.
      Interestingly, I never thought to compare Denisse to the Dazzler.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  6. "she has nature healing spells that she can play on her guitar. She mainly uses her electric guitar to perform magic"
    That's neat! And I love her style and her name (I guess someone suggested it). Now you have to write a story about her though, because I want to know what happened with her band mate LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roberta. ๐Ÿ˜„ Her name was a combination of two names suggested in people's responses (Grigory and Denisse). I will be coming up with more details and plotting her story. (In preparation for writing it). I pretty much came up with the story idea on the spot.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  7. Welcome to the universe, Denisse Grigory! Clearly you are meant for great adventures -- looking forward to seeing the shape of your story as it emerges...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I’m looking forward to coming up with her story.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  8. I wish you a fabulous time working on this. you have a lovely voice.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.