Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Wattys and Camp NaNoWrimo July 2018 project: The Mystery of The Body Thief (+ 100th post!)


Hi everyone, last April I made a post about this project so I thought that I should make another post about it considering I am still writing it and I entered it into a writing contest called the Wattys. (Also, this is my 100th post.)

Anyway, here is the post:


Synopsis- 

Ever since Horatio woke up from being in a coma, things around the castle have been going from normal to strange. 

He is also trying to solve a murder that now is beginning to seem more complex than he thought. 

Characters-
Since I made a whole list of the characters before in my last post about this project, I am only going to do some of the main characters and not the minor ones.
                                                                  Horatio 

A servant who works in the castle, who lost his memory.


Vonivera  (previously known as Veronica.) 




Lady Annabelle's lady in waiting, and friend to Horatio and Phillip.
Unlike the other ladies in the castle, Vonivera is a fairy, and she finds it hard to fit in.

                                                                            Phillip 
                                                                    
The captain of the guards and the only dwarf in the castle. Also 
a friend of Annabelle's who is helping Horatio and Vonivera solve a recent murder.

                                                Detective Inspector Time & Marigold 
From left to right, Detective Inspector Time, Marigold. 

Two detectives who are trying to solve the recent murders of royalty.

                                                             Lady Annabelle 

A princess who is in a coma, who fell unconscious at the same time as Horatio. 



Excerpts-
Vonivera had very annoyed looking expression her face, that she normally had when she was talking about the gossipers and how they talked about Horatio, and the things he had done wrong. 

“I am worrying about it, because I care about you, unlike everyone else in the castle.” she said. 
-from Chapter 10, Vonivera to Horatio. 

“Are you alright?” Vonivera asked. 

“Yes…I’m fine..” Horatio said, as he picked up the burnt fire wood, and swept the chimney, which was sooty but not quite as sooty as it had been when he first cleaned it. 

“Are you sure?” asked Vonivera, who like usual was hanging around where Horatio was working. She rather liked to talk to him… 

“Yes I’m sure…” sighed Horatio, who rather was concentrated on cleaning the chimney… 

“You don’t look sure…” said Vonivera. 

Horatio sighed, “That’s because I’m cleaning the chimney!”
- from unidentified Chapter. (Though I am pretty sure it is after the events of chapter seven though, but I am unsure...since the labeling of the chapters got confused.) 

You can also read the seven chapters that are up here (though I do plan to self-publish it eventually.)

the official story soundtrack- 
Last time I posted songs that reminded me of the story. But now here is the official story soundtrack:


 
You can also listen to it here 

Some of the songs in this are songs you have heard before in the previous post.

A sneak peek at future songs that will be added into the story soundtrack (playlist):


                                       As The World Falls Down by David Bowie. 


You can listen to it here
 This song goes really well with a (romantic) ballroom scene in my book. ;)


Kiss and Break Up by Meghan Kabir 


You can also listen to it here 
This song went perfectly with a scene from my story. 
(I am not going to say what scene though ;) ) 


Money, Money, Money by ABBA 

                                                 You can also listen to it here
                                I am not sure whether this song will be added to the story soundtrack or a playlist describing one of my characters, but either way it still reminds me of what the servants may think of royalty and money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever entered your book into the Wattys? Also, how was your Camp NaNoWrimo? 

Love,
Quinley

14 comments:

  1. AHHHH I wish I could draw my own characters!!! The best I can do is draw some stick people and add longer hair for the girls...

    But my mild complaining aside, your book sounds super cool and interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been practicing a lot! And stick figures can have a lot of personality too. ;)
      And thank you. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. I've been hearing a lot about this WIP! I love all the drawings, Tes :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT SOUNDS SO EXCITING! Great drawings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kendra. :) I’m glad you liked my drawings.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. I love your story so far!!! And I LOVE the drawings. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Middle Earth Musician. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. The story and the book sounds are the best. So exciting to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAHHHH!!!! I LOVED those snippets and, even though you've probably edited them by now, what you've written for those chapters on Watty were AWESOME! I really enjoyed reading about D.I. Time's character and could definitely see some Lassiter in him! ;P

    (Oh and I definitely agree with you about that Money, Money, Money song! I could see how that might be what servants think of royalty and stuff too. Have you ever listened to ABBA's Waterloo song? If you haven't that one's good also.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victoria. :) I'm glad you enjoyed reading the chapters I posted on Wattpad. :D And I'm glad you noticed that, I based him on Carlton Lassiter, so it is cool to see that you can see some elements of Lassiter in him still.

      Oh I've listened to "Waterloo", I agree, it's really good. :) What's your favorite song by ABBA?

      -Quinley

      Delete
    2. Of course!!! YESSS, the similarities were absolutely there!!

      Isn't it!?! Haha, probably Waterloo. XD Are there any other ABBA songs you'd recommend?

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.