Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Miscellaneous Drawings #5


Previous parts: #1, #2 #3, and #4

Greetings Adventurers, 

I thought it was time to do another miscellaneous drawings post! In regards to later posts...I have two Inktober posts planned, as well as a post introducing my novel for this NaNoWriMo, and a post involving Shakespeare coming soon...

But back to this post...since Halloween is near I sprinkled some spooky drawings throughout the post, along with my Fantasy drawings: 
A drawing of Elm, I really like how it turned out.
I thought I would include the sun necklace she wears in the drawing. 

A drawing of Karleon, the god of mischief, from Arisias's world. 



This is a drawing of Galadriel from Rings of Power. I drew this long before the show came out, since I saw a promotional photo for Galadriel and thought her armor was awesome. My main focus in this drawing was the shading, which I think turned out well.  

As for the show, I'm watching it now and am I really enjoying it so far. However, there are bits that bother me (the way the elves act--they're too human for my taste, also don't get me started on their hair).
A drawing of Salissah. I figured out that she is the goddess of the moon, but also the goddess of strategic fighting (fencing, archery, martial arts, etc.), as well as philosophy, much like the Greek goddess, Athena. Whereas the god of the sun is like Ares, and just cares for bloody warfare in general. 



I've recently been drawing illustrations for a story with a dog character, and I decided to make another dog character. The dog doesn't have a name yet or a story, but I plan to come up with one later... 


I figured with Halloween being this close, I couldn't not include a drawing of this eerie door. I drew this a while ago, and I decided to include a figure hidden in shadow on the other side of the door. 
A drawing of Arwen from Lord of the Rings. This was inspired by the scene where Arwen rescues Frodo from the Ring Wraiths. 


**Warning eerie drawing ahead** 


This is a drawing that I created a while ago. I put the warning up in case viewers don't like spooky things, so they can scroll past it. But, my idea for the drawing, was that the woman had her dead fiancée (or husband) return to reunite with her in death. I am thinking of turning it into a short story sometime. 

But this drawing also helped me explore making some of my drawings spookier, which is something I intend to do when I illustrate (and publish) my book Dolls of Wax, Eyes of Glass


**The eeriness is over now...** 



Willow the dryad. This is a reimagining of a Pixton character I created. I didn't include it in the post where I introduced her, since it wasn't a majority vote. But I like how it turned out. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Which drawing is your favorite? And do you have any favorite animal characters? 
-Quinley 

12 comments:

  1. I love Elm's hair in the first, the dog's eyes say it all in that drawing I think and love the eerie one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your drawings in this post (aww, cute dog!), even the eerie one, although I would not want to feel that cold, bony, skeletal hand around MY neck. I'm not watching "Rings of Power" yet, although I'm sure I'll get around to it in time. I love LOTR stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Debra. :) I'm glad you liked my drawings. I love LOTR, too, I hope you have fun watching Rings of Power sometime.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. i always love seeing your artwork <3 i guess my favourite is probably the goddess of the moon; it's so pretty!! also the one with elm - the details are simply exquisite. great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Rngs of Power. there were things that bothered me too, but visually it was amazing. I felt like I was back in Middle- earth. I love the door too- I want to know what's on other side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I agree, Rings of Power was visually amazing. Thank you, I'm glad you liked that drawing.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. You have such a cool style! I have to say that I adore that eerie picture. It is really powerful.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Galadriel picture, glad I'm not the only one mad about the elves and their lack of hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Skye. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed about the elves.
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.