Thursday, August 19, 2021

Using Polls to Create Art #4

                                                    Previous parts: #1, #2, and #3

Hello everyone, 

I have recently made some new page updates on my blog. There is now a page for the characters from Dolls of Wax, Eyes of Glass and The Lady Annabelle Mystery Series (there are still characters that need to be added to both pages, so they will be updated), and I also updated my author page. 

Now on to the actual post, I thought it was about time to show you more of the drawings from the polls I've created: 

Elm with her favorite animal, which is a bumblebee. 



I have been needing to update the cover of The Mystery of the Body Thief on NaNoWriMo for sometime (though it wouldn't be the official cover, this is only the second draft), so I used a poll to figure out how I should update it. Interestingly enough the majority vote ended up being a similar design I tried before for the cover, but never finished.
I feel that Ophelia, as a Tinker Bell style fairy, would be a mix of a garden talent and a fast flying talent.  On the other hand, you can only have one talent in Pixie Hollow.  That presents a dilemma, because Ophelia can control two different elements, earth and air, since she is a devotee of the two gods who give her those two different powers.


I haven't drawn Vinverva in a while, the last time I drew her was in this post.
So, I decided to do a poll where the pollers would decide between her and Odile. 
Vinverva ended up winning. In this drawing the pollers wanted her to wear fancy clothes, 
so that's what I ended up drawing her in. The only thing I found difficult in drawing her, was trying to make her not look like Oak, since both of them have short blonde hair. I tried to make her hair look a little longer and grayer. 

In this drawing I had pollers vote on what character I should do a figure drawing of (it was a choice between Angela and Reyvon), and a choice between whether it should be digital or hand-drawn and hand-drawn won.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Which drawing is your favorite? And if your character was a Tinker Bell style fairy, what would they be like? 

-Quinley 

32 comments:

  1. These are nice. I like the one with Elm.

    I remember the Pixie Hollow books- if I'm thinking of the right ones...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greg. :)

      Is the book series, you're thinking of The Disney fairies book series? :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. I like Elm and her bumblebee. Vinverva looks mysterious.

    I browsed your blogs for a bit. You seem like a very creative person. I hope you continue to create and dream and do a lot of adventurous things.

    Thank you for dropping by my blog. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) They were fun to draw.

      I'm glad that you enjoyed looking at my blogs. :)
      And you're welcome, I really enjoyed reading your blog.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. I love your blog. But I am wondering what is that girl characters name the one that is using the bow and arrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The character doesn't have a name as of right now. I have thought about naming her Ember, Amber or Willow. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I may end up doing a poll where the readers vote on what the character's name should be. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. Also my birthday was yesterday on August 25th. I am now 14 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a new blog post please check it out Quinley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also...Which drawing from my post is your favorite? :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
    2. I liked the 1st drawing of that elf or fairy.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Grace, I am glad that you like my drawing of Elm. (I assume that's the drawing of the elf or fairy, you're talking about :D).
      -Quinley

      Delete
    4. You should make a story on some historical events. I love history.

      Delete
    5. And then make some drawings about that.

      Delete
    6. I might write some historical fiction books in the future. I do have some ideas for which time periods it would be fun as settings for a story. I am already writing a story that is historical fiction (and Gothic) called Dolls of Wax, Eyes of Glass , which is set in the 19th century. The main characters, Matilda and Felix, have showed up on my blog a few times.

      Most of my Gothic books tend to be set in the past.

      -Quinley

      Delete
    7. You're welcome. :) What's your favorite historical fiction story? :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
    8. I like the book Refugee by Alan Gratz and I also like the Dear Canada/America book series.

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.