Sunday, August 1, 2021

Trying Out a New Animation Program (P. 3)

                                                           Click here to read part one and two.

If you got a post that was very short and all caps in your feed, and shortly after was deleted, that was because I was claiming my blog on Bloglovin'. Since it wouldn't allow me to paste the code to claim my blog on a page or somewhere else, I had to make a post in order to claim it. So you didn't miss any important posts, and that's why that happened. 

Anyway, onto the actual subject of this post. I have been working on animation, and doing more with Adobe Animate. I also tried some animation on Photoshop since that is a software that can be used for animation. In the end I found that Adobe Animate was the easiest for me to use. 

                    Keeping consistency 

One thing I struggled with in animation is keeping consistency. A lot of my older animations did not have consistency, and after a while you couldn't tell who or what the thing I was animating was supposed to be.  So, I decided to try it with this animation: 



Adobe Animate has the ability to easily copy and paste your drawing, which is something I did in this animation but something I didn't do in the other animation program I used. I animated a flour sack character, which is a kind of stock character, since it is used as a way to practice movement like walking and jumping. 

I felt like I figured out how to keep some consistency in this animation. Though one thing I wish I had done was to add more squish and squashing, which is something I find I struggle with in animation, and is something I feel I must improve in the future. 


This is another animation I did. I decided to move the circle and then animate the legs and ears later, it made the animation seem a bit more consistent. 

                              Squish and squash 

Though this animation was made before the other ones (and in Photoshop, which can do animation), I felt it really helped me figure out squish and squash. Though I still feel like I have a lot to learn. (If the animation doesn't repeat, just refresh the page). 


This one has a little less consistency than the other ones. This is partly because I was animating in a different program, and it wasn't allowing me to copy and paste at all. 

Overall, I have found that I have difficulty applying squish and squash to characters, but am able to do it with objects like bouncing balls easily. So this is something I am going to keep practicing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have you ever done a flour sack animation? If so, what did you animate it doing?

-Quinley 

4 comments:

  1. Animation looks fun but I'd be clueless how to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an easy to use (free) program called Sketchbook, that you could play around with. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. This looks fun, I used to use the old adobe animate at school, I liked just doing facial expressions to practice. I might give sketchbook a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine. :) And that's cool that you did animation at school, also good luck with Sketchbook, I hope it works for you.
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.