Saturday, August 7, 2021

I Wrote Two Original Songs

 


Hello everyone, 

I have been working on songwriting for a while, but never had any songs to share. Now I finally do. (I wouldn't say either of these songs are at the point where I would make a music video of them or post them on my youtube channel, but I feel comfortable with sharing them on my blog and BandLab). 

Here are the songs I've been working on: 

You can also listen to it here

This song is somewhat connected to All is Not Lost For All Will Begin Again, because it is about a shapeshifter, but no exact character from the story or world. For this song I was given the prompt of "Fantasy/things are not as they seem" and went ahead to write a song about a shapeshifter. There are still some things I want to change about it here and there (hence why I will post a second version in the future). 

You can also listen to it here 

This song firstly was inspired by a painting called Adieu by John William Waterhouse,
and when putting it to music was inspired by "Arms of the Ocean" by BlackBriar, and "Jolly Sailor Bold" in particular Ginny Di's and Ashley Serena's covers. I decided I didn't want a background track but wanted something in the background. I included the sound of waves and thunder, so that you felt like you were there at the ocean. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever written an original song? And which would you rather be a siren or a shapeshifter?
-Quinley 

6 comments:

  1. I just listened to both of them and ahh, you have such a beautiful voice! Every time I listen to Taylor Swift and marvel at her lyrics, I try writing a song but fail miserably xD

    I'd be a shapeshifter, and shapeshift into a siren if I want ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maya. :) This is my first time sharing my music with anyone (outside of my family and friends), so it makes me happy to know that you like it. :)

      That's a good choice. ;)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. How cool that you songwrite! I love songs inspired by the sea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I agree, songs inspired by the sea are beautiful. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. Wonderful songs. I listened to them and I think you have a great voice for singing.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.