Saturday, July 17, 2021

The Raven | A Dramatic Reading



 Greetings everyone! 

Right now, I can't wear costumes which is really frustrating to me. That is because the three different video projects I was working on before I had my surgery have costumes which are layered, which really wouldn't feel good with my incisions. 

While recovering, I got the idea to do a dramatic reading of Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven." I decided to record my voice only, and have my voice do the acting instead of my body language and face. 

I thought it would be fun to try and capture what I thought the unnamed narrator's room might look like (the area where the fireplace is, and not the chamber door). I also ended up adding in sound effects. I hope you enjoy it (I had a lot of fun making it): 

You can also watch it here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What's your favorite poem of Edgar Allan Poe's? What would you do if you met the raven from the poem? 

-Quinley 

8 comments:

  1. The Raven is one of my favorite poems, it has such great rhythm and of course the deep meaning!! Your narration is just beautiful and the animation... *chef's kiss*
    👏👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maith. :D It was really fun to record, and it's neat to know that someone likes The Raven too. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. The sound effects were so calming! I love Edgar Allan Poe's poems and literary works so much; my favourite has got to be Annabel Lee. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maya. :) I agree, Annabel Lee is a beautiful poem.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. Good job I really liked it. The Raven is a great poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace. :) And I agree it is, Poe's writing is amazing. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.