Thursday, June 23, 2022

Miscellaneous Drawings #3



Previous parts: #1 and #2 

This post will contain a mixture of old and new drawings.

And as an update, I will be posting the next part of Using Polls to Create Art sometime in the near future, but in the meantime you can still vote on the poll at the end of that post here


Let's begin: 


This was originally drawn for a Halloween post, however, that post didn't end up working. This is a drawing of Matilda in a wizard/witch Halloween costume. I drew this before I knew her very well, so thinking about it now she would probably dress up as a heroine from one of her favorite Gothic novels. 

A drawing of Deet from The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
Deet was one of my favorite characters from the show, and I hope someday someone decides to bring the TV show back. I am still sad that it was canceled. I drew this around the time that the show first came out. 


 

This is one of two drawings I created for a prompt on NaNoWriMo which was "what would your character's zoom background be?" However, I took this a step further and decided to draw how my characters would react if they had Zoom. 

This comic is for my novel, Dolls of Wax, Eyes of Glass. In the comic Matilda is talking to her mother about the haunted estate that she and her brother just moved into. Since this is Matilda at the beginning of the story, she is enjoying the idea of living in a haunted castle, without realizing what dangers it will hold... Also Matilda's and Felix's mother, sadly, is having a bit of difficulty with Zoom, so can't turn her video on. 
Side note, I feel as if the horrible things that happen in my story would be prevented if my characters had modern technology and long distance communication that didn't take a long time to deliver. 



Here's an old drawing I did of Kira from The Dark Crystal. She was really fun to draw. 



This second response to the prompt was inspired by this video

This is for my other novel (though I have many I'm working on), The Mystery of the Body Thief
Basically, this woud happen if Ophelia and D.I. Time had Zoom:
D.I. Time would accidentally turn on a dragon filter, and since shapeshifting exists in that world, he  does have to clarify that he didn't get magically turned into a dragon. 

I realize I haven't made many posts on my blog relating to Sebastian. He only has a few posts in which he's featured, which were a drawing of him included in a tag post, and posts I made all the way back in 2016. To give you some background on the character, Sebastian is Oak's twin brother (like her, he is a half dryad). He works as a healer, and gets his healing powers from the Greek god, Apollo. And if you're interested, here is his profile page

This is a drawing of Iris I created a while ago, but I really like how her veil turned out. 

And lastly, here is a recent portrait style I made of Riona "Fire."
I like how her hair turned out. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Which drawing is your favorite? And how would your characters react if they had Zoom? 
-Quinley

8 comments:

  1. I love the Dark crystal ones. and a half dryad would be cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing. You are really talented :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your drawings of Sebastian, Iris and Riona. They all look like very strong and focused individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creations, fabulous! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.