Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Trying Out a New Animation Program (P.2)

                                    Click here to read part one if you haven't already 

 

Having had used a bouncing ball as a test, I decided to apply what I learned by trying out layers for the first time in Adobe Animate. The program allows you to have a lot of layers. 

In this project I ended up using four different layers: one layer for one of the figures, one for the other figure, another for the background, and the last one for color. 

A lot of the animations I made prior to this were not colored. I only used one layer and redrew the background each time I drew a frame, which was very tedious and at the end didn't make it look very good.  Which is why I'm glad this program allows you to have more than one layer. 

I also did an animation of Elm and animated her hair moving in the wind: 


I really like how it turned out. I used four layers for this one: one for the color, one for the hair, one of the figure, and one for the background. 

In the future I plan to post animations that are longer than a few seconds. For now doing animation consistently and doing short animations like this, helps me get back into the habit of animating.    
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Of the two animations I made which one is your favorite? 
-Quinley

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Quinley! This is so cool! I love that you drew and animated your own characters and this program seems really nice! I love both of your animations, but Revyon's introduction to the silhouetted lady the most! Great post!

    —Maya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Maya. :) That was really fun to animate, and it's neat to know that you enjoy seeing my animations and drawings.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. I love it! Especially the Revyon animation, it flowed nicely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie :) It was really fun to animate Reyvon. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.