Sunday, May 7, 2023

Miscellaneous Drawings #8

                    
 Previous parts: #1, #2 #3, #4#5#6 and #7

Greetings adventurers. 

I have a lot of new drawings to share, so I thought it was time for another drawing post. I plan to do a Using Polls to Make Art post soon, also. 


                                                    
This was the first drawing I ever drew of the god of time. I like how it turned out. 
                                        

                                            
A still life drawing I did of a candle for an art class. 
I had a lot of fun figuring out how to draw the reflective surface. 

Here's a photo of candle that I was using as a reference. 


This is a drawing of Oberon, Arisias's father. I like how his hair and clothes turned out. 




Someone on NaNoWriMo suggested that I draw the Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera (the musical). So, here is my drawing of him. 


I thought I would draw Fiáina without the prosthetic arm. And I like how it turned out. 

So I drew her prosthetic arm wrong in previous drawings (in the February Faces Challenge and another post). But I got it right in the first drawing I ever drew of her. It's supposed to be her entire arm, not only hand and wrist. But I blame that on reading myths about the Norse god Tyr, who also lost a limb but instead of an arm, he lost his hand. That made me get confused when drawing Fiáina. 



These eyes, like the candle drawing, were also done for an art class, and I like how they turned out. They were fun to shade. 

Finally, here is a drawing I did of Ferdinand and Cecile from The Haunted Sketchbook. This was difficult to draw, but I like how it turned out. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which drawing is your favorite? Do you like to draw still life drawings?
-Quinley 


13 comments:

  1. Your God of Time and the Phantom of the Opera stood out for me. And I like how you rendered the candle's reflective surface, which is hard to do. My favourite thing to draw is anything with a face, but I don't mind doing a still life in a pinch. Anything is better than doing landscapes, which bore me stiff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :) I don't do landscape drawing much either.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. I like the first one. the differences in hair color. The last one is nice too. Great job! That second shot of the eyes is nicely done.

    I love imagining what elves would wear. That shot with the tracery on the elf outfit is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Ferdinand and Cecile. I am forever in awe of your art, Quinley!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Ferdinand and Cecile! Forever in awe of your art, Quinley ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your artwork is so fantastic! I love the close ups of the eyes. Wow. They are incredible.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The reflective surface of the candle is amazing, but I especially love the Phantom of the Opera. So glad you have the art class to enjoy -- looks like a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, cooling drawings!
    do you draw them on the computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      I draw them using an ipad/tablet. I have tried using a computer to draw before, but I find a tablet much easier to use.
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.