Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Using Polls to Create Art #8

                                                    Previous parts: #1#2#3, #4 ,#5, #6 and  #7

Hello everyone, 

I'm back with another installment of using polls to create art! 

To summarize what this series is about, I post a poll asking what I should draw. People vote, and whichever choice ends up winning, I draw. Unless otherwise stated, every drawing was a majority vote.  Also I should add, some of the drawings this time around are redraws of Pixton comics I made when I was a child (I was about twelve or thirteen I think?) I had voters vote on which of them I should redraw. While the others are the usual drawings you'd see in this series. 


Here's the drawing that came out of the poll in the previous post in the series. 
Felix Moore from Dolls of Wax, Eyes of Glass ended up winning. So I drew him as a merman. 
I had a lot of fun drawing details in the drawing like the suit and tail. 

I also made a video showing my process of drawing it. 


I did a poll where I redrew a painting in my style. The painting that the drawing was based on was this one. I thought it made sense for Ophelia to be using the crystal ball, given that she likes that type of magic. 
I had the voters decide on which of my characters I made in Pixton I should redraw in my style. 
Lieutenant Williams ended up winning. She is a half Klingon half human. 
Here is what she looked like in the Pixton style: 
I wrote the comic she was from years and years ago, and there were a ton of spelling errors in it.
But, I find it nice to revisit old stories and characters-- especially because they can show how different 
my stories are today than they were back then. 
 
Speaking of old stories and characters, I had the voters decide between having me redraw this Pixton comic  and another one.  The second one won, which is Edward's and Willow's wedding. I decided in the redraw not to draw them in the same pose but instead draw them in different poses. In the comic as a whole I would use real photos as the background while the characters would be Pixton characters. 

 Looking back at it now, the backstory of how they fell in love is really not romantic. The comic itself retold the story of The Little Mermaid (leaning towards the Disney version, not so much the Hans Christian Anderson one) but with dryads and wood cutters. And in this version Willow literately caused the shipwreck and then when she saw how handsome (and in pain) Edward was, she changed her mind. She didn't do this for the several wood cutters before 🤔-- 1,712,302 of them to be exact, I'm not joking: that was the number I wrote in the comic, minus 1. 😆

I don't know what child-me was thinking! 😂 Especially since Willow never once tells him that she was the dryad that did that at all


This is a drawing of Elm. I had the voters vote on what I should draw her wearing out of several options for outfits. This outfit ended up winning. I really like how the outfit looks. However, I feel her arms are a little too short proportion wise. But other than that I like the drawing. 

This is a character from the same fanfic that I wrote years ago. I had another poll, about which character I should draw in my style, and she won. She is called the EEH (Emergency Engineering Hologram). I was inspired by the Doctor from Star Trek: Voyager when creating her. I wondered why there were no holograms for emergencies involving engineering. (That we can see in the show). 

In the (Pixton) comic she is an enemy of the doctor on her ship. They don't have a particularly good relationship. And she was activated when most of the crew on the ship was kidnapped by aliens. So, she plays a similar role that The Doctor in Voyager plays.

This actually turned out to be a drawing that came out of a poll, and I somehow forgot that I had drawn it for that reason. This drawing was actually included in this post, though I combined it with a drawing that didn't come out of a poll. 

Anyway, I had the pollers vote on which character I should draw, and what they should be doing. And Oak doing archery won. 


Now for a new poll: 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which drawing is your favorite? And would you like to have a wedding out in the woods? 
Or did you tell any funny stories when you were little? 
-Quinley 

12 comments:

  1. Good idea to see what we think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very clever that your redrawn character Felix has both a merman tail and wears a tail coat! Double tails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I didn't realize that detail about the "double tails." That's cool that you noticed that because I actually didn't it intend it when I first drew it.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. It is fun revisiting old stories! Okay so I voted for arisias. And I like the holographic and archer pics as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful idea! Can't wait to see what the results are!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all are wonderful characters. I am not familiar with them. what about drawing the fairy that lives in your tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) And thank you for the suggestion, I just might try to draw it. ;)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  6. all of these are wonderful characters. what about drawing the fairy that lives under your tree?

    ReplyDelete
  7. "She didn't do this for the several wood cutters before 🤔-- 1,712,302 of them to be exact, I'm not joking: that was the number I wrote in the comic, minus 1. 😆"
    LOL. But it's impressive that you were already drawing comics at such a young age!

    A fairy solitary violinist sounds like a neat idea to me.
    Felix as a mermaid looks good! I like the skull detail.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.