Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Reintroducing Arisias



I finally have a name for the character that used to be called "Annabelle." 
Since it is such a major change to the character, I decided the best way to introduce the change would be through a video, so people both on my blog and YouTube channel would know about the change. 

Here's the video: 


Also, I have finally updated the character profile page which you can read here. Her new name is Arisias it is pronounced like Er-is-ius or Air-Sy-Ris. Arisias prefers the first pronunciation. It took me a while to come up with the name. I smashed together two names create Arisias which were the names of two figures from Greek mythology: Tiresias and Ariadne. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever renamed one of your original characters? Or if you haven't, do you have a character whose name you really like? 

-Quinley 

16 comments:

  1. You came up with a great name! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that name! I've always liked the name Ariadne too so it was neat to see that as an inspiration! :)

    Greg @ Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greg. :) I'm glad you like Arisias's new name. And agreed, Ariadne is an awesome name.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. oooh that's a really cool name! i've actually been considering changing the names for a couple of my main characters now that their personalities have evolved... the old names just don't seem to fit. cool video!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maya. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the video and like my character's new name.
      In regards to changing characters names, I feel if the old name doesn't fit the character anymore I give them a name that is fitting. You can of course, do whatever you want but this is my mindset when changing character names. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. Since I hear the name out loud (in your video), it actually sounds good though I think people will probably mispronounce it like I almost did. The change is good. Annabelle is a good name but probably too ordinary for the character.

    I actually did change characters many times but while still writing the story so I didn't get use to a name for too long. It's so easy to keep going back and forth with names but once you settle on one, the story just seems to be better.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I publish the book that Arisias is from, I'm going to have pronunciations for the names in the foot-notes. So, hopefully that should prevent mispronunciations. :)

      Agreed, I had that same feeling when I changed my characters’ names (that is Cerawen’s names and Arisias’s names) it made the story better in the long-run.

      I hope you have a lovely day too,
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. As fantasy names go, it's a good choice - more attuned to the genre than Annabelle was. I enjoyed the fun fact about the name origin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the video. So creative! You are amazing and clearly know how to bring a character to life in many different formats. It is such a beautiful name and an excellent choice.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the new name and love the video :-D

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.