Saturday, April 2, 2022

Using Polls to Create Art #7

 Previous parts: #1#2#3, #4 ,#5 and #6.  

Hello everyone, 

I am happy to tell you that I have finally fixed the doubling effect in the character interview with Phoenix, and I plan to have it edited and posted sometime soon. I'm sorry about the delay. 

But now on to this post. Here's the next installment of Using Polls to Create Art. Unless otherwise stated, all of the art in this post came out of majority votes... 



This was not a majority vote. When I made a poll about which character I should draw, people started wondering "what does a ghost bride look like?" and "what would a ghost bride mermaid look like?" because of the questions that were circling, I decided to draw the ghost bride as a mermaid. 

However, I did also draw the majority vote, which I will include in the next post, but since this post is themed around mermaids/merman it won't appear here. 

I asked the voters whether I should draw a sailor or a siren, and a siren ended up winning. 
So I drew Oceana again. I may end up doing a digital version of this drawing in the future. 


In this poll, the pollers helped create an original character who is a merman. I'm not sure what to call him, so if you have any name suggestions I would love to hear them in the comments below.  



Ophelia as a mermaid. This was fun to draw. 

Phoenix as a merman. I decided to make his tail feathery almost like a bird's feathers, but actually a fish's tail. 

This is breaking from the mermaid theme a little bit. I had the voters vote on what should appear on the cover of The Case of the Poisoned Goblet. The three things that needed to appear were Annabelle, Ophelia, and a dragon. I ended up having the dragon appear on the poisoned goblet, and I thought it would be neat if Annabelle and Ophelia appeared above. 


Now, I have a poll for you: 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which drawing is your favorite? Do you have a favorite mermaid/merman character? 
-Quinley 

10 comments:

  1. Ooh this is nice. I like that first image with the stars in the background, and the moon, and the sea just looks a little wild. which it should be ha ha to give it a spooky vibe. :)

    I like the pic of OCeana too, with the lightning in the background, and the merman as well. For some reason I imagine his scales as being iridescent and was trying to come up with a name suggestion that would reflect that, but no luck.

    Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Greg. :)
      I hope you have a nice weekend too,
      Quinley

      Delete
  2. Your mermaids and mermen rock! I can't pick a favourite drawing -- they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much talent, keep going! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ghost bride, it has a wonderful atmosphere...and the book cover is really great. I'm looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ghost Bride and Phoenix are probably my faves (that tail is so cool!). I also love the book cover. I voted for Vallara because a black mermaid with an arrow would be cool, too.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.