Friday, October 1, 2021

Using Polls to Create Art #5

                                                    Previous parts: #1#2#3, and #4 

Greetings Adventurers! 
Here are some more drawings I made using polls, I had a lot of fun drawing these, unless otherwise stated the drawings in this post came out of majority votes: 



I wanted to draw Marigold because I don't have many drawings of her, so I did a poll. And Marigold with a dragon ended up winning the majority vote. This is my favorite drawing of her, because I feel it really captures her personality. 

Felix pictured at a masquerade. I had a lot of fun making his mask, because I wanted it to hint at something that happened to him in his story. It was also fun to draw Felix in clothes other than his black suit. 

Vallara, a character from the same world as Annabelle (but in a very different part of it) at an archery contest. The last time I drew her was in this post, I felt it was about time to redraw characters from that post, but I was unsure which one so I had the voters vote on who I should redraw and Vallara ended up winning. 



Matilda with a ghost (girl). I feel the voters were a lot more nicer to Felix than they were to Matilda, but I know she would enjoy meeting a ghost, so I doubt she would complain. 😊

A drawing of Ophelia and Horatio. I decided to do a drawing inspired by Howl's Moving Castle, and had the pollers vote on which two characters would take the places of Howl and Sophie, Horatio and Ophelia ended up winning. 



This wasn't a majority vote, someone had an idea of a crossover, and thought it would be fun if I drew the scene from Howl's Moving Castle but with Ophelia and Gletta. Though Gletta and Ophelia live in completely different worlds, the idea of them ever meeting each other seemed fun to me, so I had to draw it. 

My idea for what happened and how they met was that Ophelia used her magic (given to her by gods) to rescue Gletta from being nearly killed in a battle. Gletta is just a bit upset that she was pulled out of the battle when she thought she was going to defeat whoever was trying to kill her. (Hence the reason she is so annoyed at Ophelia). 

I also find it interesting that Ophelia takes the place of Howl in both drawings. She isn't like him in terms of personality, but in abilities she is. After all Howl is a wizard and Ophelia has magic, and could be considered a sorceress. (The only thing she doesn't have is a moving castle. 😉) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Which drawing is your favorite? And which would you rather meet a ghost or a dragon?

-Quinley 

8 comments:

  1. I love your drawings and would very much like to meet a dragon. Majestic, magical, wise - and sometimes dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) And meeting a dragon would be cool.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of crossovers between favorite worlds. And I would love t omeet a dragon. Although probably not one like Smaug. Too nasty. :) Maybe one you could have a conversation with, learn some lost lore or a good story. Maybe one that can tale human form and be a traveling minstrel or whatever... :)

    I like the first pic too, they seem get along well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, crossovers are neat. :D And it would be cool to meet a dragon that can turn into a human. :) A bard dragon sounds cool.

      Thank you, it was fun to draw. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. These are all nice and interesting. You have a unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of them! Especially the Howl's Moving Castle inspired one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) The drawing inspired by Howl's Moving Castle was fun to draw.
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.