Thursday, October 21, 2021

Introducing Some Characters: My Dungeons and Dragons Characters (P.1)


Hello everyone, 

It's been a while since I've done my "Introducing Some Characters..." series, so I decided to revive it. I thought it was time to introduce you to my Dungeons and Dragons characters. I do have some other D&D  characters, but at the moment I am going to introduce you to the ones that I've actually played in campaigns: 

                                            Jinx Jekyll 


Bio: Jinx (which is his alias) is a half elf rogue, and he somehow manages to get a whole following of people who believe he is a god. Unfortunately for them, he has stolen most of their money, but fortunately, they  eventually find out he is not really a god and is conning them. (And the real gods weren't so happy about that either...) Jinx was orphaned and grew up on the street having to fend for himself. He doesn't know who his parents are, but if they are still alive he hopes they didn't abandon him. 

Playing history: I've only played Jinx in one campaign, I intend to play him again if I get a chance to and maybe expand on his character more than I have already, and maybe develop him to see where he goes.

                                      Aurinda Van Visser 

  

Bio: Aurinda is an elven Druid. She comes from Sleepy Hollow and is something of a story teller. For reasons the townsfolk are unsure of Aurinda has a bit of a grudge against Katrina Van Tassel. Aurinda really enjoys nature, and tends to use a spell often to turn herself into different animals, horses being her favorite to turn into. She is a firm believer in ghosts and the supernatural. Aurinda went on a journey for a while to explore other parts of the world, and then came back to Sleepy Hollow only to find out the Headless Horseman was terrorizing it. 

Playing history: I ended up creating Aurinda for a Legend of Sleepy Hollow themed campaign. Aurinda was the first character I've done a full campaign with.  I would like to use her again in the future, but I will have to find a way to seperate her from the story and/or put her in another Gothic-themed Campaign. At the moment I am using her in a Legend of Sleepy Hollow retelling.          

                 Elvin (pronounced AL-vin) The Silver 


Bio: Elvin is a human wizard, who worked for a king a very long time ago and gave him wise advice. However one day upon giving a young man advice about how to treat the King, he then decided maybe it was best not to follow his own advice and insulted the King. He was thrown out of the kingdom and became a wandering wizard giving advice to anyone who would listen. Elvin is very impulsive and uses the spell FireBolt whenever he can. This spell can lead to dangerous situations, but it can also be very useful. 

Playing History: This was the first time I played a human and the first time I've played a wizard in a D&D campaign. It was a very different experience, but a fun one because I created a different character than I usually do. (Most of my characters are elves). 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Which character is your favorite? And have you ever played Dungeons and Dragons? 

-Quinley 

8 comments:

  1. I love them!
    Btw, did you draw them yourself? They look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sadie. :)
      Yes, I did draw them myself, I'm glad you like my drawings. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. Rogues are fun, and wondering if he was abandoned is a nice angle. I really like th sound of Aurinda, maybe because of the Sleepy Hollow setting (yes please) but also because druid. Plus she's elven- that seems like it would be a really fun character to play.

    Elvin seems interesting too. He kinda looks like he has that Gandalf/ Merlin vibe, but insulting the king and getting exiled is fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Rogues are so fun to play. :D (Half the time though, I am using my time when playing as a rogue to pick people's pockets),
      Oh, it's neat to "meet" another Sleepy Hollow fan. :D And agreed, Elves and Druids are awesome.

      That's neat that you notice that he looks a bit like Gandalf/Merlin. When I was assigned to role of "Wizard" in the campaign I was in, the first thing that came to mind was a wizard like Gandalf or Merlin. So Elvin was very much inspired by them. :D Oh yes, that is fun. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. So cool, love that Aurinda is from Sleepy Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Skye. :) It's neat to "meet" another Sleepy Hollow fan. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. wonderful characters. they look like they belong together or in the same story.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.