Friday, April 2, 2021

Announcing My April 2021 Project: Dolls of Wax, Eyes of Glass.


Hello Adventurers, 

 For this Camp NaNoWriMo I am going to be writing my novel, Dolls of Wax, Eyes of Glass. And this is my goal for it: 


At the moment I only know one narrator's telling of the story (that being Matilda), but in the future I know I will know more about Felix's. As for what I am going to do in July, I have plans to do my other project: The Mystery of the Body Thief, and work mostly on editing it and writing the second draft. 

As for my inspiration for  Dolls of Wax, Eyes of Glass, it came from a very detailed nightmare I had about wax dolls, which I decided would be a perfect starting point for a novel. And from there I just built on from it...

                                           Synopsis 


Genre:
Gothic Horror | Historical Fiction Series: it's a stand alone. 

Maltida Moore was found dead at the castle, her brother, Felix, is missing. No trace of him was found except an eyeless wax doll made in his likeness.  What happened at the castle is unknown, but it is as if something evil is lurking within it...something evil is causing these terrible events to happen. 

                                   The Narrators 

There is a third narrator, but they only narrate a small portion of the story. And instead of including all the characters (some of which may or may not even exist), I thought I'd show who is going to be telling the story to you, and who may not always be reliable in their telling of their story to you: 

Matilda Moore 

Matilda, is a rather quiet person. She tends to sit and read books, and does not enjoy social situations all that much. She would much prefer reading books, than talking to other ladies of high class. 

                                                       Felix Moore 

Felix is a very social person, and thrives in social interactions. He also dreams (silently) of being a romantic hero, and also has a hobby he spends some of his time doing: hunting. 


                      The Soundtrack 

You can also listen to it here 

Here are some songs that I will listen to when I am writing, and I have listened to them lot when I have been plotting the story. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What is your favorite Gothic Horror or ghost story? What are you writing for April's Camp NaNoWriMo? 

-Quinley 

9 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks really interesting.
    I'm still working on doing some editing for one of my books, but I have an idea for another one, and I might post about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, McKayla.
      If you decide to make a post on one of your stories, I’d love to read it.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. Ooooo, sounds cool :O
    That's freaky that you dreamed it, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lee.
      And yeah it is frightening that I dreamed it.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. Hey Quinley! I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award and I hope you can take part!
    Here is the link: https://maithworld.blogspot.com/2021/04/mystery-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool! I'm about 20k words in—but mine is a massive work this time round. I don't read Gothic horror, but I love Wuthering Heights, which is just Gothic fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your goal, Maya. :) And Wuthering Heights is awesome, though I haven't read it, I've heard good things about it. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. So this must be Mister_E Inc doing your theme music!!! How eerie! I hope you get back in the gothic horror mood. I’d like to see the Dolls / Eyes book!

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.