Thursday, May 6, 2021

The Mystery Blogger Award


 I was nominated by Maith at Maith's Musings and Vanya at Chirps of a Forest Bird thank you so much, Maith and Vanya. 😊

                                                                    The Logo: 


The rules: 

1) Display the award logo on your blog.

2) Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award.

3) Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.

4) Answer 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you.

5) Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.

6) Share the link to your best post.

7) Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers and notify them that they are nominated.

8) Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.

9) Continue the chain!!

Three facts about me: 

1. What inspired me to start writing Fantasy was Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal, J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, as well as Nesbit's writing. And what inspired me to write Gothic Horror were the authors Washington Irving, Mary Shelley, Shirley Jackson, and Oscar Wilde. 

2. I've been drawing and creating stories since I was little. I used paper dolls to play out story-lines. The paper dolls would usually be princesses or mermaids, and I drew them myself. 

3. My favorite Greek goddess is Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, and my favorite Norse god is Loki, god of mischief. 

My Best Post(s): 

I'm going with the posts I had the most fun making and am dividing them into categories. I've done this because my favorite post is different and wouldn't really show the whole blog itself, but instead just a part of it. 

Acting and improv: 

But Soft What Light Through Yonder Window Breaks? and 

Phoenix and Annabelle Get Interviewed For a Villainous Job 

Reviews: 

Play Review: Frankenstein 

Animation: 

Pandora's Box (Animation Project): Scriptwriting, Storyboarding, and Concept Art.

Writing: 

The Fairies or the Faylena (short story). 

Drawing: 

Using Polls to Create Art #1 

(Though singing and songwriting is a thing that I intend to do on this blog, I do not have a post featuring it yet. However, I may have one in the future....) 

Maith's questions: 

If you could travel back in time, which era would you visit? 

(Image from Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenon#/media/File:Akropolis_by_Leo_von_Klenze.jpg)

There are many many different eras in different parts of the world I'd love to visit--way too many to include in an answer to this prompt. But I'll go with a single answer for this: I'd visit Ancient Greece. And I probably would visit the Parthenon and other ancient temples if I went there. 

Which superpower would you like to have and why? 

I've always wanted to be able to shape shift. It just sounds like such an awesome power to have. I mean, I could shape shift into an animal and do things I wouldn't be able to do as a human. 

Also, I may have always wanted this power ever since I read a book about a prince who was cursed to turn into a bird at the most inconvenient times. While it may have been a curse for him, it would be a gift for me. 

What is your biggest and greatest achievement till now? 

I'd have to answer with two things: First, finishing my first draft of The Mystery of the Body Thief, and second, getting into a theatre company that helped me learn more about Shakespeare and acting in general. 

The one book you could read over and over is _____. 


(Images from Goodreads, here and here)

Two books fit this perfectly. One is Igraine the Brave, and the other is The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I have read both books many times, over and over again, because they are both so good. 

Which artist would you never get tired of listening to? 

Erutan and Karliene. That's two answers, but I usually listen to their music when I write. Their songs are usually covers of music from TV shows, movies, and video games, though they do write their own original songs, which generally have a Fantasy or Gothic feel to them. Also, Karliene writes about women in history. 

Would you rather experience the formation of the universe or the end of the universe? 

The formation. It would be neat to see the Big Bang happen and see the planets form. It would be such an exciting experience. 

                                   Vanya's questions: 

                       What are your all time favorite books?

This is a very tough question, but I'll create a list of books that are my favorite: 

Fantasy

The Voyage of the Basset 

Igraine the Brave 

We Goddesses: Athena, Aphrodite, Hera 

Lord of the Rings 

The Hobbit 

Gothic-

Frankenstein 

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow 

Coraline 

We Have Always Lived in the Castle 

The Picture of Dorian Gray 

Epic Poetry- 

The Iliad and The Odyssey

The Journey to the West 

And there are others, but I decided not to include all of them.  Because that would probably take up most of the blog post. 

                                          What is your biggest dream ever?

I long to open my own film company and make my own movies that way. That will be difficult to do, but I think it would be really neat.  I also want to act in my own film version of Hamlet, as Hamlet, and I want to make film adaptations of my novels--acting in them (as one of the characters) and directing them. 

                             What is your favorite thing to do in free time? 

I do acting, singing, songwriting, drawing, animations, and writing--pretty much everything I blog about on here. I also do yoga, mediation, doll customization, and photography. 

                                                     Who is your inspiration?

(Image from Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gates_McFadden#/media/File:Gates_August_2016.jpg)

For acting it has to be Gates McFadden (who acted in Star Trek: The Next Generation as Dr. Crusher). She was the person who inspired me to do acting. 
(Image from Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_William_Waterhouse#/media/File:John_William_Waterhouse_001.jpg)

John William Waterhouse inspires my artwork. And Cartoon Saloon (the creators of Song of the Sea, Wolf Walkers, etc.) inspire my animation. 

Erutan, Karliene (who were mentioned previously), and Johann Sebastian Bach inspire my music. 
And the authors who inspire my creative writing vary depending on the genre. 

Would you rather spend a day in home without doing anything or in some old fort?

   Is the fort haunted? What time period is it from? And what area of the world is it in? Either way, yes I'd go to the old fort and go ghost hunting in it. Maybe stay in it over night and see if I'd see any ghosts. 

I nominate: 

Meri Greanleaf 

McKayla

Maya 

Jasmine 

Jan 

Annika 

and anyone who wants to do it. 

My questions: 

1. Would you rather be a mermaid/merman/merperson for a week, or a fairy for a year? 

2. If you could meet any fictional character, whom would you choose to meet? And why? 

3. What's your favorite song to listen to right now?

4. Would you rather spend a month in a house that is haunted, or in a village that is haunted? 

5. What inspired your current project(s)? And how different or similar is your project now from the thing that inspired it? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Who inspires you to create art? And would you also like to spend a day in an old fort

-Quinley 

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me! Your questions are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :D And thank you I'm glad you like them. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of visiting ancient Greece! It's always been an interesting time period that we don't know as much about because the monuments from them are partially destroyed. Thanks for the nomination ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You're welcome, and agreed, what part of Ancient Greece would you like to visit?
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. I too loved watching Dr. Crusher in Star Trek TNG😀!
    Shape shifting would be very useful 😉!
    Great post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maith. :) It’s neat to know that someone loves Dr. Crusher too. And yeah shapeshifting is awesome. ;)

      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me! I will be posting soon 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) And I really enjoyed reading your post.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. Thanks for tagging me!! (I'm Jan from the doodlecrafter by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks for nominating me! Yours is the only blog I follow at the moment so I don't have anyone else to nominate, but I really appreciate it! :) Also I *love* your answers! Most of those books are favorites of mine, too, and the ones that I haven't read I'm going to look for. (Also Gates McFadden as inspiration? Artemis and greek mythology? Heck yeah!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :)

      It's neat to know that you like those books and things too. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  7. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.