Wednesday, March 22, 2023

My Art from The February Faces Challenge (2023) | Part Two



If you haven't seen it already, here is part one. 

I realize I've been thrown off my usual posting schedule, but that is because I have had a lot of things going on in my life. So, the time that I was absent from both my blogs was dealing with those things. Now that I am back, I should say that I have posts planned that aren't drawing related. I plan to do a book tag, as well as posts related to my novels, songwriting, and acting soon. While I normally would not do two drawing posts in a row, this was one post I had fully written, edited, and planned. So, I felt as if I should post it. 

I will also be responding to comments from previous posts. I loved reading everyone's comments, they truly made my day during such stressful times. And thank you to Anno for the shout out. 💚

But let's get to the post: 

 Here is the official (optional) prompt list: 




Day #10 Your Idol, I drew Dr. Crusher played by Gates McFadden from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Gates McFadden was the one who inspired me to be an actor, so I decided I should draw her for this prompt. 



Day #11 Silhouette, I was a little more creative with this prompt. I wanted to draw the Wax Witch from my novel, Dolls of Wax, Eyes of Glass, but not only a shadow/outline of her. So, I drew her silhouette behind her.




Day #12 Facial Hair, I drew Gimli from Lord of the Rings for practice. I don't usually draw bearded characters so this was fun to draw.
 





Day #13 Furious,  I drew Cheetah Girl from my super hero story for this one. I wanted to make her look as if she was furious. This is different, because I often draw her looking calm or thoughtful. 





Day #14 Freckles, I drew Elm, one of my dryad characters. I decided since Valentine's Day was the day I drew it, that I would give her Valentine's Day accessories. 





Day #15 Delighted, I drew Sebastian for this one. I have not drawn him a lot, so I wanted to draw him looking happy.






Day #16 in profile, I drew Fiáina talking to a dragon. Since dragons used to live in Dragons' Province (where the story takes place), I thought it would make sense for her to talk to one. 





Day #17 poorly, Ferdinand Diggory from The Haunted Sketchbook is feeling his worst here (due to sleep deprivation, nightmares, and ghosts). 




Day #18 Your Current Mood, I best describe this mood as "a million different emotions are going through your head and you're trying to process all of them, while keeping a straight face." So of course, I drew D.I. Elyerin Time experiencing this. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Which drawing is your favorite? Are you a fan of Lord of the Rings or Star Trek?
-Quinley 

10 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of both LOTR and Star Trek. I like all your drawings, but as faves I would choose Gimli and his beard, and the Dragon listening so intently to Fiaina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on Gimli! I love both LotR and Star Tre and I love the leaf garment on #15 as well. That's a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Greg. :) They were fun to draw. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. Love how you get the fantastic expressions on your faces. Have a good weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. #10 - I immediately recognize Dr. Crusher, well, not immediately but close enough.

    #12 - Gimli - fun drawing.

    #18 - I see that face as being having those 'I don't care for your opinion' kind of look.

    I'm more of Star Trek fan than a Lord of the Rings fan but probably because I have seen seven seasons of Star Trek and only a few movies of Lord of the Rings.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that life has been so busy and stressful lately. I hope that things get better soon. Sending you all the very best. Your art is so gorgeous. I especially love the in profile drawing. What a powerful piece.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delighted and Poorly are my fave! (Gosh, isn't "Poorly" a hard prompt). And I hope you're out of the woods with regards to your real-life issues/stresses...I can relate to blogging being a lifeline when one is feeling...poorly 🙂.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all: Producing a drawing a day for 28 days in a row is a huge accomplishment -- congratulations! And each of these is pretty interesting in its own right. You've done amazing work at providing each with a definite personality and a thoughtfully personalized wardrobe/accessories!). That said, I think Gimli might be my favorite from this bunch: I especially appreciated his direct gaze and the beard--so different from your other work. I also really enjoyed Dr. Crusher... instantly recognizable!

    Here's hoping things settle down in your life and that you feel more able to tune into creative inspiration again.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.