Saturday, September 24, 2022

I Need YOUR QUESTIONS About my Novel...Again



I just finished the first draft of Becoming the Body Thief. It is a novel I was working on during this year's Camp NaNoWriMo. Last year I did a Q&A for The Mystery of the Body Thief, which you can read here and here. I thought I would do a similar post for Becoming the Body Thief, because I don't want to just give a simple description of the project and what I am going to do next. So, a Q&A with questions from you, the readers, is also going to be included in the post. 

      Here is a synopsis, which will also be included in the Q&A post, and may be helpful for coming up with questions: 

This takes place after the events of The Mystery of the Body Thief

After Arisias is framed for a crime that she did not commit, she finds herself having to work amongst criminals. In order to bring the one who wronged her to justice, that is "The Body Thief," Arisias finds she will have to blend into her new surroundings by acting like a criminal. In doing so, she has to enlist the help of two thieves and a con-artist. But as all of this is happening, Arisias fears that she will become the very thing she is pretending to be. Will she become a criminal like The Body Thief? 

Here are two posts I made during Camp NaNoWriMo that involved Becoming the Body thief: part 1 and part 2. And lastly, here is the page with profiles of the characters from the entire book series (Becoming the Body Thief is the second book). I have not yet created the profiles for all of the new characters, but most of the characters who are included on that page also appear in the second book-- even if they don't directly talk to Arisias in it. 

Regarding the questions: feel free to get creative with your questions. (But please avoid asking questions that have spoilers in them such as "who or what is the Body Thief?"). If you're feeling stuck, here are some example questions to get inspired by-- 

  • Has your story surprised you in anyway while you wrote it? 
  • What are the new characters (the thieves and the con-artist) like?  
  • What is it like to be a criminal in your Fantasy world?  
  • What was the inspiration for your novel?             

You can either ask the questions you have about it down in the comments down below, or ask it in this Google form (I will be mentioning who left the questions hence the name and blog part of the form, but if you would like to be Anonymous, you can just enter "Anonymous" and entering your blog is optional (since not everyone has one)):


-Quinley 

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if I really understood the assignment but I've submitted a few questions, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for submitting questions! They were really thought provoking, and I look forward to sharing my answers to them in the next post.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of Arisias having to work with criminals. I wonder if they'll be hardened ruthless types or more heart- of-gold types. :) I haven't read a lot of fantasy heist fiction but I know stuff like Six of crows or Scott Lynch's stuff is popular. wondering if Arisias will have to work with those kinds of people or with a thieves guild type deal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering how far Arisias will go with her ruse. Will she hold back just enough to not commit an actual crime? Will she change the behavior of the real criminals? Does she use costumes, disguises, to hide her true identity and intent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really interesting. She is gonna have to learn a whole new world and that could be really exciting to write :-D I didn't submit any questions.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.