Monday, October 10, 2022

My Art from Inktober 2022 (Part one)

I am back with another Inktober series! This year is my second year doing Inktober, I did it for the first time last year. Continuing the theme of last year, I will be dividing the series into three parts-- 10 drawings for each part, and then 11 in the final post.  If you wish to check out my Inktober posts from 2021, you can check them out here: part 1, part 2, and part 3

Also, as a reminder, I am doing a Q&A on this blog for novel. If you wish to leave questions for the second part of the Q&A (if you haven't already) you can do so here.  But back to this post, let's get started with the drawings: 

                                                       The Official Prompt list for Inktober: 


And here are my drawings... 

Day #1 Gargoyle, I thought it would be interesting if someone (a spy/rogue), was hiding amongst gargoyles waiting to make a move. 

.  

Day #2 Scurry, I drew of a dog character from a children's book I'm working on, whose name is Toto. This isn't one of the drawings for the book, but I thought it would be fun to draw none the less. 

Day #3 Bat, I drew an (elvish) vampire, since that was the first thing that came to mind. She has a tattoo/face-paint of a bat on her left cheek, and I gave her red eyes. 


Day #4 Scallop, I had to look up what a scallop was to make this drawing. Once I figured it out, I decided to draw a mermaid with a scallop as a necklace. It ended up turning into Arisias as a mermaid.

Day #5 Flame, Since Karleon the god of Mischief gives his devotees blue fire magic (along with sometimes the gift of prophecy, but that will be talked about later), I thought it would be fitting to draw him.

Day #6 Bouquet,  This drawing was inspired by a John William Waterhouse painting "Gather Ye Rosebuds While You May (1908)". I took the life drawing approach and only drew the lower part of the body (not the face), so that I could focus on the hands. 

Day #7 Trip, This reminded me of my characters traveling in my novel, Becoming the Body Thief. So, I drew something inspired by that. Since the writing on the sign got a little messed up, I'll tell you what it says. It says "The Woodland Tavern." There is an also an altar to a god off to the side with coin offerings from travelers. 

Day #8 Match The first thing that came to mind was lighting a match. So, I decided to draw that along with a candle. 

Day #9 Nest, It's been a while since I did a drawing of a bird! So, I decided to draw a bird sitting in its nest. 

Day #10 Crabby, For this I thought I would reference the mermaid theme from earlier, and draw a mermaid sitting with a crab. I really like how it turned out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Which drawing is your favorite? And are you doing Inktober this year? 

-Quinley 

12 comments:

  1. I love gargoyles! And the idea of an elvish vampire is so fascinating- I mean, they're already long lived, and have all those ethereal qualities, and then add monstrous undead to the list? :)

    The path through the wood with a travelers sign is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greg. :) I agree that an elvish vampire would be really fun to think about. I might end up exploring that idea more in a story sometime.

      Thank you, it was fun to draw.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. I've been aware of Inktober for a few years now, but have never participated. It seems like such a huge undertaking, sort of like doing the A-Z Challenge (which I've never done either). Who knows, maybe next year? I like all your drawings so far for the various prompts. I think my faves are #3 (bat), #5 (flame) and #8 (match).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great for the prompts :-D

    I remember a few years ago a few of the nail art girls did Inktober on their blogs and that was fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are fantastic! I wish I was able to draw like you are. That vampire picture (inspired by the bat prompt) is so great. You did a wonderful job <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The idea of Inktober sounds good but I haven't done it before. Do you use markers or certain type of ink pens for your drawings?

    I wish I could be as productive as you. I like your mermaids.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I use Fanerfun art markers (which is what the brand of COPIC Markers I'm using is called) for my art, and sometimes watercolors. :D

      Thank you, the mermaids were fun to draw. And I hope you have a lovely day, too,
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.