Sunday, July 15, 2018

Story Ideas I have floating through my head that I want to write sometime



Hi everyone,
This is a list of mostly fan fiction story ideas that I had floating through my head. I don't know when I am going to write the stories, but I want to write them sometime. I thought I would share some of them, here they are:

A young Charles Dickens murder mystery 
Genre: historical fiction/murder mystery
After I read The Secret of the Sealed Room (a mystery with young Benjamin Franklin), I was slightly disappointed to find out that it was not a book series. I thought it would be fun to write a story involving young Charles Dickens solving a murder mystery with another character, like in both books Wicked Will and The Secret of the Sealed Room. Even though Charles Dickens was not a murder mystery writer, I could imagine him solving a mystery.


Jareth's past and how he became the Goblin King 
Genre: fan fiction
What sparked this idea was really the movie Labyrinth, and the fact that Jareth looked human compared to the other goblins. One of the theories for this that I came up with was that he was possibly one the kidnapped babies, whose sibling had either really meant their wish or failed to get him back. And then later Jareth (if that was his name before he became the Goblin King) became the Goblin King.

The Man Who Invented Christmas
Genre: fan fiction/ historical fiction
At the end of the movie, The Man Who Invented Christmas, the story was left at a point where it felt like there could be a second movie about how Charles Dickens wrote David Copperfield. I thought it would be fun to write a fan fiction about this.

Deborah Sampson the musical 
Genre: screenplay/ musical/ historical fiction
I have never written a musical before, however, I thought it would be fun to try writing one.
And maybe even a screen play to go along with it. As for the historical figure of choice, I thought Deborah Sampson deserved her own musical. She is not as well known a historical figure from the American Revolutionary War. She disguised herself as a soldier and fought in the war.

Tauriel's Quest 
Genre: fan fiction
I was upset about the ending of The Hobbit, and I wanted to know what Tauriel does after it. I decided I would eventually write a fan fiction about what happens to Tauriel after The Hobbit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which idea is your favorite? 
-Quinley

13 comments:

  1. The Man Who Invented Christmas 2
    A Young Charles Dickens murder mystery
    Deborah Sampson the musical
    Tauriel's Quest

    Yes, we need a sequel to "The Man Who Invented Christmas" I'm mad at the end of the Hobbit too. Why did they make her a main character then not finish her story? That just seems really dumb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte. :) I quite agree there should be a sequel to "The Man Who Invented Christmas." And I wish they could have expanded Tauriel’s story to include what happens after "The Hobbit."
      I’m glad you like my ideas,
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. All of these are such great ideas! I hope to read them fully written out one day. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some AWESOME plot ideas! They would be so worth writing down!
    Also, would appreciate if you came for a quick visit to my blog @belivy.blogspot.com

    Thank you so much!!!

    Livvy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Livvy! :) I’m glad you like them. Also I checked out your blog and it is awesome.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. OH MY WORD YOU NEED TO WRITE THE TAURIEL ONE. <3 I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Middle Earth Musician. :) I’m so happy that you like my idea.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. These are pretty awesome ideas! I'm excited to read all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Elaine. :) I’m happy that you are excited.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  6. Deborah Sampson the musical sounds good since I like music. Excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you. :) I hope that after I write it that it will get performed (and possibly be on Broadway some day.)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  7. I love these ideas! I'm currently writing a superhero story, a TV screenplay that I will one day star in, and ''Dark Heart'' which is a fanfiction.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.