Monday, November 13, 2017

The Mystery of the Stolen Crown (My Novel so far...)


Hi everyone,
It's November Novel Writing Month, and I thought it would be a perfect time to tell you a little bit about my novel. Here it is:

Short synopsis: 
It all started when the king's crown was stolen, no one knows where it went or who did it. 
But that isn't the only thing that happens! Suddenly on the day of the feast the king mysteriously dies, and all clues point to Murder!

Main detectives: 
Since the story is taking place somewhere other than Dragonspire court, Detective Inspector Time and Philip are not in this book (but will be in the next book). 

Lady Annabelle-


 A Half elf Half human with a little bit of fairy, she is the main detective.
She is independent, brave, and notices things that most people wouldn't normally, and she is heir to the throne of Dragonspire court.








Veronica- 

Veronica is Annabelle's Lady in Waiting. She often thinks that being a detective is as easy as it looks in books, though often Veronica forgets how dangerous being a detective can be and plunges into danger.  One of her favorite detective characters is Lord Watson a famous fictional detective (which is like Sherlock Holmes).








James-

(James's name will probably be changed later.) A foot-man who works at Dragonspire Court (and came with Annabelle to the neighboring kingdom), he is fascinated with detectives and wants to be one. He is also a good actor, and is skilled at the arts.



                 


            Excerpt: 
"Annabelle!?” 
Annabelle whirled around with the ink still in her hands, it was dripping on her dress now… and as she twirled around it got onto her father’s robe. 
“Yes??” she said.
Her father sighed…looking at his robe which had been ruined by ink, the black spots marring the finery of it. 

“Well, I have some very important news, and please just put that ink and pen down.


              Inspiration for the story: 

One of my inspirations for this book was a painting (A painting by John William Waterhouse inspired a scene in the first book as well.):
(Image from Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Archer_(artist)#/media/File:The_Death_of_King_Arthur_by_James_Archer_(1860).jpg)
This painting was the inspiration for a few characters in the story and for a scene in the story. The person off to the side holding the goblet became a character in the story a fairy who works at the court. And the girl near the tree (who is most likely Queen Guinevere in the original painting), reminded me of Annabelle. This picture also became part of a poster for the story (which I will put on the novels page once I find the sources for the images).


                                           Inspirational music: 
                                        Even though I don't have a whole story soundtrack for this story yet... 
                                         I have some music that helped me write: 



Puzzles by Robert Carli 

You can also watch it on YouTube here
                                           
                                      I can always picture this song playing in the background
                                      When Annabelle (or any of my other detectives) talks to the suspects.


Helping Hand from Sofia the First

You can also watch it on YouTube here
Even though none of my characters burst into songs in a musical manner (they do sing ballads every once in a while) or voice their evil plots out loud
and there are no stewards in my story (that I know of). 
 This song was inspiring probably because it sounds a little like it could be part of a mystery.


                                                 How does a moment last forever? 

You can also watch it on YouTube here
This song for some reason is Annabelle's theme song. I don't know why, but it suits her. 

Opening theme by Robert Carli 
                                                 You can also watch it on YouTube Here
                                              This is One of my favorite mystery music pieces,
                                          and I often listen to it when I am writing this story.
                                         

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed reading about my novel!:)

Do you have any music that inspired a scene or character in your story? And how is your novel going? 

                                            Love, 
                                          -Quinley

8 comments:

  1. oh wow, I love it!! I love that painting, it's so pretty!

    And mystery in a fantasy setting? Cool beans!!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Catherine!:) I love the painting too it is one of my favorites.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. This sounds like such a cool story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love this! It sounds like a really cool idea. The whole concept of a murder mystery in a fantasy setting is really unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Jane!:) I’m glad you like my idea.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. Love your novel so far! It sounds awesome. XD Mission: Metal was inspired by Radioactive covered by Lindsey Stirling and the Pentatonix. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Middle Earth Musician!:) Oh that’s cool that your story was inspired by one of Lindsey Stirling’s songs.
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.