Friday, October 6, 2017

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: the new school master? (A short story series)




(Before reading this post, just so everyone knows when I say The Legend of Sleepy Hollow I do not mean the horror movie, I am talking about The Novella by Washington Irving, this story I am posting is not a horror story.)
Hi Everyone, I'm back from my short break, and since it is October and Halloween is near, I thought it would be fun to share one of my Legend of Sleepy Hollow short stories/Fan fictions.
I am planning on posting the short stories through out October, Enjoy!:) :

                               


                                                          You can also listen to it on YouTube here

                                 You can listen to this while reading...



It was a terrible day when our School Master Ichabod vanished. To tell you the truth, he wasn’t the first to vanish. There were actually a number of school masters that vanished. We even kept track on the wall. Whenever a teacher vanished we would always draw a line, and whenever a new teacher came we knew what would happen. It never was quite happy knowing your teacher would disappear, even if they were strict or they hit your knuckles with the ruler, or even if they put the dunces hat on your head when you got a answer wrong or if they told you to write on the board a hundred times:
 I will never, ever sit in my teacher's chair or…something like that. 

As I was walking to school with my best friend Isabella, we were talking about what could have possibly happened to our most recent school master. 

“They say the Headless Horseman took his head!” said Isabella, “Or turned him into a pumpkin.” 

“Either one seems likely,” I sighed. I heard the leaves rustling as always, but then there was a strange sound. It almost sounded like…”Singing?” I said out-loud. It sounded just like our last school teacher's voice. 

“I hear it, too,” said Isabella, grabbing my hand. “Do you think he’s haunting us?” 

“Don’t worry,” I said, “I’m sure it’s just the wind.” 

Suddenly, there was a crack behind us, feet moving closer, and closer... 

“Don’t hurt us, don’t give our head to the headless horse man!” Isabella screamed. 

“What?” Said a voice, that sounded somewhat British. “Why would I do that?”

We turned around, and there stood a man carrying books. He had brown hair, a hooked nose which resembled an eagle’s beak, and light blue eyes. He was rather tall, and wore a black suit which fit him rather tightly. 

“Oh!” said Isabella. 

“Beg your pardon, but I am not a ghost. And I will not give your head to this headless horse thing.” he said, crossly. 

“Actually it’s the headless horse rid—“ I began.

“Also, I am your new school master. You may call me sir or Mr. Robertson. And I will have no talk of ghosts in my class do you understand?” he asked. 


We nodded. 

-------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed reading the story... 

Are you excited for Halloween?
 And did you like the story?


-Quinley

P.S. I will be fixing spelling errors from some posts in 2016, so don't be surprised if anything changes there. 
P.P.S. I will also be responding to comments from my previous posts, as well. 

8 comments:

  1. Hey, YOU'RE BACK!!! XD Have a nice break? :-)
    I liked this story a lot!!!!!!!! Great job. XD
    (The song is cool as well. I listened to it while I read. ;-D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi!:) I’m glad to be back.
      Thank you!:) I enjoyed writing it, especially getting into the setting and story of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
      (Thank you, I listened to it while I wrote)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good intro! Sleepy Hollow is a good story for Halloween,(if you celebrate it, which I don't really anymore. Never really did.)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!

    I love that story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I’m glad to be back.
      And thank you!:)
      I enjoyed writing it.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. Ooooh this sounds super interesting! I can't wait to see where it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:) I can’t wait to see where the story goes, too!: )
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.