Sunday, November 20, 2022

My Art from Inktober 2022 (Part Two)

Click here to read part one. 

Hello everyone, 

It's now time for part two of my Inktober series, so let's begin. 

The Official prompt list for Inktober: 

Day #11 Eagle. I used this as another way for myself to practice drawing birds, since I've really wanted to get back into the habit of drawing them. 

Day #12 Forget. I drew Oceana again, I had drawn her before last year for Inktober as well. The reason I associated her with the idea of forgetting, was because I wrote a song (which I will post later) that she sang called "Forget." Here is a sneak peek for it: 

Smell the salty perfume of the ocean, 
Forget your long-lasting devotion, 
To the place you called “home,” 
For to the ocean you are to roam. 

Day #13 Kind. I took this to mean "one of a kind." So I decided to draw this character I came up with a while ago, who is a unicorn-girl in her unicorn form. She can switch back and forth between being a unicorn and a human. Here's the post where I first created her.  


Day #14 Empty. Mediating came to mind, since the leader of the mediation I'm doing often talks about emptiness when it comes to meditation. 


Day #15 Armadillo. I decided to take this literally and draw an Armadillo. 

Day #16 Fowl. Similar to the one above, I drew a Guinea Fowl.


Day #17, Salty. My thought process for this one was that the sea was salty, therefore it would relate to pirates. In the end I drew Long John Silver from Treasure Island


Day #18 Scrape. I didn't really interpret the prompt as written. Instead, I drew a handkerchief-- a scrap (instead of scrape) of fabric. 

Day #19 Ponytail. I decided to draw Elm. This one is a mixture of ink and watercolor. 

Day #20 Bluff. Given that my D&D character, Jinx is a rogue so obviously a liar, I decided to draw him for this prompt. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Which drawing is your favorite? What's your favorite classic novel? 
-Quinley 

12 comments:

  1. I like all your interpretations and drawings for this batch of Inktober prompts. My faves are #13 Kind, #14 Empty and #17 Salty, although I have a soft spot as well for #15 Armadillo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like unicorns- they're so mythical- so that was neat. :) I'm not sure what my favorite classic novel is. I want to say Tom Sawyer because I liked it as a kid, but I feel like maybe something like the time Machine or something like that might be a good choice too. It's hard with me and classics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, and thank you. I have not read Tom Sawyer , but I have heard good things about it, so perhaps I should read it sometime.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. Fowl is my favourite and the eagle too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous artwork. Long John Silver is my fave! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you drew for empty. What a great interpretation! You are so talented <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely. For some reason, I really like the blue fowl.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the blue fowl was fun to draw.
      You too.
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.