Saturday, November 20, 2021

My Art from Inktober 2021 (Part Two)


You can read part one here 

                                     Greetings Travelers! 

Here is the second part of "My Art from Inktober 2021" series. This is my first year doing Inktober, and I had a lot fun drawing these. 

Also, as a reminder, if you would like to get a question or questions in for part two of the Q&A for my novel, you can ask them here

Other than that, let's get on to the post! As I said before in the previous post, this series will be divided up into segments of ten drawings per post, with eleven being the final one. 

                                          Here's the prompt list for this year's Inktober: 


And here are more of my drawings from Inktober:

Day #11 Sour, I decided to draw a Sour Patch Kid candy along with several other candies (some you would probably get from Trick or Treating and others probably not).  
               
             Unlike the other drawings this one did not have a pencil sketch drawn under it, this was entirely done in makers. 

Day #12 Stuck, I decided to draw Rapunzel stuck in her tower. I had several other ideas of what to draw for this prompt, but in the end I decided to draw Rapunzel. 


Day #13 Roof, I drew a house in a silhouette, I decided to make the house look eerie. 

Day #14 Tick, I decided to draw a list with tick marks, and I went the fantastical route making it a Fairy Tale knight's to-do list.




Day #15 Helmet, Here I drew the Greek god, Hermes. He has a very cool looking helmet and I thought that would be perfect for the prompt. 


Day #16 Compass, I decided to draw something "piratey."




Day #17 Collide, I had an idea for a crossover of sorts between the characters Elm (left) and Oceana (right). (these characters are in the same world, just different stories unlike the crossover I drew in Using Polls to Create Art.) Oceana used to be a Naiad and knew Elm, they would practice singing together. Elm and Oceana would try and figure out where the magic of Elm's singing voice came from (since Elm doesn't know...yet), so they were friends, and then Oceana got cursed by the goddess Demeter and got turned into a siren. 

Though it is very hard for them to meet each other again, with Oceana sinking ships and all, I thought it would be cool if their worlds collided reuniting the two of them. 


Day #18 Moon, Here's a drawing of the Greek goddess Artemis, the goddess of the hunt and moon. I thought the prompt "Moon" was fitting for her. Also the character designs for Artemis and Hermes, are from my animation project Pandora's Box


Day #19 Loop, I decided to do a yoga pose that reminded me of a "loop." Also the whole setting is based on a memory I had of doing yoga during winter in a warm yoga studio, where it was warm and cozy inside, and really cold outside. This felt really nice to me, so the drawing was based on that. 

I also kept the color palette limited, and used mostly blues, grays, and browns. With a little bit of purple and gold, but not as much. 



Day #20 Sprout, For this I was inspired by "Jack and the Beanstalk". 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Which drawing is your favorite? And what is your favorite yoga pose and/or Greek god/goddess?

-Quinley 

11 comments:

  1. A treasure map and pirate paraphernalia is always a good choice! :)

    I love the idea of naiads too- that one is nice. The sour patch one is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are al great, but I liked Oceania and the elm best. And I loved the yoga one, although yoga is not my thing! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Stuck, Helmet and Collide best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, helmet and stuck were so innovative! All of them were great, but the loop drawing was the prettiest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Quinley! I just wanted to let you know that I just started a new blog! Feel free to check it out, at lifeisabeautifulride21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.