Saturday, December 7, 2019

Thou Knowest the Mask of Night is On My Face (A performance from Act II Scene II)



Greetings fellow actors, 
The interview that I am currently filming and writing with two characters, who are my own, is currently a work in progress (I have only filmed a few scenes, and I have not finished writing the script for it). As for right now, I thought I'd post another monologue. This one I only used for one audition, and the character, Juliet, I was playing I did not like as much as I liked Hamlet or Mercutio or Romeo or Malvolio or Viola for that matter. However Juliet was an interesting character to get into the mind of, even if she isn't my favorite character. 

You can also watch it here
Other things I plan to do in the future besides filming the character interview (and posting another version of To Be or Not To Be along with a few other monologues), will be to post some scenes  from contemporary plays, movies, and TV shows. So, be sure to keep your eyes open for that!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who is your favorite character from Romeo and Juliet? Do you think Romeo and Juliet is a romance or a tragedy, or a mix of both? 
-Quinley

5 comments:

  1. Ha, this was great! I could never act.

    I read Romeo and Juliet once, years and years ago, so I only have the vaguest idea of the plot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! You're such a great actress.
    I actually read Romeo and Juliet for a homeschool assignment, and am memorizing part of it. I think it's a romantic tragedy.
    Sort of like Outlaw Queen......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, McKayla.
      I agree, the story has elements of both romance and tragedy, and kind of leans towards tragedy near the end of the play as opposed to the beginning. Who is your favorite Romeo and Juliet character? I really like Mercutio and the nurse.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. Yeah, so I guess it's a romantic tragedy. You're right, it starts out as a romance and ends as a tragedy.
    Hmmm, I'm not really sure I have a favorite character. Maybe Mercutio...

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.