Wednesday, November 6, 2019

To Be or Not To Be (a performance of the soliloquy from Act III, Scene I )



Greetings Shakespeare enthusiasts and fellow actors, as well as writers, since it is November!
I've never recorded myself doing acting before or even acted in front of a green screen until recently, but it was very fun to do and I am going to do more videos like this in the future. (Hint: the next one will involve two of my own characters.)


You can also watch it here


As for the soliloquy, I've used it for one live performance and two auditions before I actually went ahead and recorded it. The interesting thing about this soliloquy is how many ways one can perform it. It can be done in an angry way, a sad way, a questioning way or an insane way. I've found that when I have done it, it changes and is improvised, but still the things I put into place are there: whether or not I actually think Hamlet is insane, what the inner meaning of "To be or not to be" is in my mind, and my character development of him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
What's your favorite Shakespeare or non-Shakespeare play? And what characters would you like to play? (Whether they be male or female) 

-Quinley


4 comments:

  1. :-O IS THAT REALLY YOU??? I GET TO FINALLY SEE YOUR FACE??? :-O <3333333
    That was so good though!!! I really enjoyed watching it!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MiddleEarthMusician. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. You're such a good actor, Quinley. I really enjoyed this.
    P.S You're really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, McKayla. You're an awesome actor too. :D
      -Quinley
      P.S. Thank you.

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.