Thursday, December 15, 2022

Using Polls to Create Art #9

                                                          Previous parts: #1#2#3, #4 ,#5, #6,  #7 and #8.

Hello everyone, 
it's time for another installment of Using Polls to Create Art.

 Unless otherwise stated every drawing was the result of a majority vote. This time around you may see some familiar characters, along with characters you have not yet met before, who will reappear in other posts. 😉

Let's begin... 


A drawing in which Tesariel "Tess" Short is celebrating the winter holidays. I had the voters vote on which character I should draw celebrating the holidays, and Tess won. It's been a while since I drew her, and felt good to draw her again. 


This drawing was based on a painting that the voters chose. Here is the painting that the drawing is based on, though I changed the setting from being outdoors to indoors. 

On the wall is a portrait that I think looks like Felix, though it is actually a self portrait of Arthur Hughes. I decided when making this drawing that it would be fun to do a multimedia piece. 

From the poll that I had in the previous post, here is the violinist as a fairy. 

And here is the video showing the process of drawing it. 

I had the voters vote on which outfit Elm should wear, and this one won. While Elm isn't a fighter with weapons (she uses her magical singing voice), I imagine that if she went on a quest with Oak (since they live in the same world), that she would probably borrow a sword from Oak for this. 

This is a reimagining of one of my old super heroes, Cheetah Girl. I redesigned her outfit, since her original outfit had been pretty much a copy of the cheetah creature power suit from Wild Kratts (that I watched when I was a kid). I had the voters vote on which of my super heroes I should redraw and Cheetah Girl was the first to win. 

Here is what her design originally looked like. 



This wasn't a majority vote but it was suggested by Tammie Lee at Beauty Flows. The suggestion was a fairy that lives in a tree, and it was fun to draw. It made me think about what type of fairy would live in a tree, and I decided to make her like one of those Victorian-style fairies. 

And here is the video of the process of making it. 


This is Ocean Guy, he was a character who came from a  super hero comic I made using Pixton. I had the voters decide on which super hero I should redraw/redesign and he won. I've been thinking that he would fit into the same world as Cheetah Girl and Skunk Girl, perhaps they could be a team of nature-related super heroes. 
So, I had a lot of old super heroes I made when I was younger. One of them was Skunk Girl (not Super Girl, Skunk Girl), I don't know what made me want to make her a skunk super hero!? And she came from the same world as another super hero of mine, Cheetah Girl. 

         Now for a new poll: This one is a bit different, instead of asking which character I should draw, it's asking what a character should be doing...
  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Which drawing is your favorite? What are some of your favorite super heroes? 
-Quinley 

10 comments:

  1. I like the Tess one. And the violinist fairy. Cheetah Girl and Skunk Girl are fun though too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the second drawing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that Skunk Girl intrigues me. What a scented superpower she must possess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you will be hearing more about Skunk Girl in the future.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. I love that you take into account feedback and suggestions from others! Your artwork is fabulous. Voted <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I don't know what made me want to make her a skunk super hero!?"
    Haha, but she's unique at least!

    The videos are fascinating. It's not like using drawing programs as opposed to hand-drawing doesn't need skills...I would never be able to envision the result, let alone bring it to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      Thank you. It took me a lot of practice to get where I am.
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.