Tuesday, July 19, 2022

My Process of Making "The Sorceress's Hide-Away" | A Textile Art Piece

 

Greetings Travelers,

This is a continuation of this post where I talked about and showed my textile art pieces. However, since the videos that were posted in that post didn't show how I made it, I thought it would be time to show you my embroidery process and how I made this art piece: 

The backstory for this art piece is that the figure at the top (Rosalind by Arthur Hughes) is coming through a magical portal into the Sorceress's Hideaway. And the figure at the bottom is the Sorceress (Boreas by John William Waterhouse) performing a spell in her cauldron. 

Anyway, here is my process of making it. It took two days to finish making it. 
And this was also the first time I've recorded myself doing embroidery, so I will be doing more in the future. 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Have you done embroidery? If you met a sorceress how would you react?
-Quinley 

8 comments:

  1. Looks good :-D You are very talented :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I must say you've inspired me! I'm planning on doing some collage work in the near future and it would never have occurred to me to incorporate embroidery into it. Now I'm contemplating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how you can use two different pieces of art to tell an entirely different story. I like the art pieces you selected as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Greg above! I particularly like what you did with the cauldron fire.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.