Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Twenty Years Older: A Letter Tag.

(Images used from Pexels and Pixabay) 


I was nominated by Maith at Maith's Musings, thank you so much for the nomination. I really like the concept of this tag. 😄  Also I was tagged for it right before my surgery, so it made my day when I got it. 😃

The Rules:

1. Appreciate the blogger who nominated you.

2. Mention Gauri@BrighterAlleys the creator of this letter tag.

3.  Answer the question, which is a task to write a letter.

4. Now, nominate five bloggers who you think are worth it. Make sure they know that they are nominated.

         The prompt: 

Imagine yourself to be twenty years older than now. You have become what you always wanted to, and are living your dream. But suddenly, the 'current version of you' pops out of nowhere and asks for some tips. What tips will you give? Write a letter from the 'twenty years older you' to the 'current you' and tell how you reached your goals in twenty years.

- Gauri at Brighter Alleys , Twenty Years Later: A Tag. 

          The Letter: 

Dear younger Quinley, 

You are receiving this letter from the future. Hard to believe isn't it? But I am you, just twenty years older than you are now. (Other differences from you-as-now, are that I am acting in and animating movies and a published author and illustrator...so more differences than just age, but that is beside the point). 

I have advice for you:

If you're feeling run down or like you everything feels hopeless, you should know that you can get through it. It may be hard to believe while you're in the middle of the situation. But you will get through it, and once you get through it you will be stronger than before. 

Don't worry about giving up on your dreams or goals. You never will (especially if you're scared about giving up on them), if you keep working hard, you will get to them. And if someone tells you that you can't do something, prove them wrong. 

Also you don't need to (constantly) remind people that you are committed to something (for that very same reason). You know you what you like doing, and if you're scared that you're going to stop liking it or give up liking it, then (ironically) that means you're not going to give up liking it. You know that, deep inside, it brings you happiness to do, and that is important. 

If you keep working hard on your dreams and goals, you will get to them eventually. It may be hard at times. Some days may be harder than others: some publishers may not like your stories, some animation studios or people may not like your animations, some authors may not want you to illustrate their books, or some people may not like your movies or some casting directors may think you're not the person for the role. But if you keep working hard and pushing through, you will get there. And you may find a publisher who likes your book,  people who like your animation, an author who wants you to illustrate their book, people who like your movie, and a casting director who thinks you're the perfect person for the role. 

Anyway, I hope my advice makes you feel better, 
Sincerely should it be sincerely or love? Uh, I don't know, I'm writing this to myself

-(Future) Quinley 

P.S. I may have created an issue in the space-time continuum. Oops! But at least you have advice now, right?? But, I'm fixing this issue now! [Sounds of rumbling can be heard.] Alright everything's fixed. Also, you, um, may have something similar to Star Fleet in your future now...oops. 

       I nominate: 
          Lanie 
          Elena 
          Andrea
          McKayla 
           ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      What would you do if you received a letter from your future self? 
          -Quinley 

12 comments:

  1. This was sweet! And I love the post-script XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!! This was a lovely letter!!! Great job Quinley!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this! Thanks for tagging me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. :) And you're welcome.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. hi Quinley, I just found your YouTube channel, I almost watched every video! I loved the Interview with Annabelle the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elena,
      I'm glad you like it. :D I plan to film and upload more videos once I feel better, so it makes me really happy to know that you enjoyed watching my videos. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. Thanks for tagging me! I think it would be cool to read one of these letters in 20 years and see what past you was hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lanie. :) And I agree, it would be cool to do that.
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.