Monday, September 16, 2019

Character Interviews: Oak (+ Questions Are Needed)




You might know Oak from my older posts, she is a half dryad ranger: 

(An old drawing of Oak)

Her story was one of my first novels...that didn't end up working. But since I eventually plan to rewrite it (not now, but later), I decided I would get to know Oak. She will remain a character in the story (along with Delphi and Emily Stella), who will be the three female leads. (There will possibly be a fourth, but I don't know for sure right now).

So, it is time for another character interview! *A neon sign lights up* 

*Audience applauds, and Oak walks in* 

Me: It's wonderful to see you again, Oak. It's been a long time...and you look very different.
Oak: *Nods* Indeed, *sits down on the seat and remains very alert* Indeed, it has been...
Me: So...to start, I'll just simply ask, how are you?
Oak: I'm fine, I just to need to make sure no one followed me here...*looks around the room*
Me: Why would someone be following you?
Oak: *Brings out bow and arrow* I don't know, but it would be better to be safe than sorry--
Me: *Looks over at the people who let Oak in* Weren't you supposed to take her weapons away from her? That's one of the rules.
Security Officer Two:  *Popping out from behind the curtain* It's been a long time since we have had one of these interviews, why do you expect us to remember these things?
Me: Because you're security!
*A shrieking noise comes out from the left side of the stage, Oak aims her bow at it and shoots it*
Security Officer one: Uhh...
Me: So you let a creature in too?
Oak: Don't blame them...these beings are very good at hiding. Anyway, you were going to interview me?
Security officer one & two: If you want to fire us, because she is better--
Me: Shh...not now, we have an interview to do....

If you were to pick a song, what song do you think would describe you the most?
I do know some ballads, but they are mostly romantic ones, which hardly describes myself, but...
I do think this song sort of describes the energy I feel when fighting in battle:

                              Underground by Lindsey Stirling 
You can also listen to it here
Also, I liked that Lindsey Stirling included the goddess Artemis in her "video."
                                         Ancient Greek music- Artemis 

You can also listen to it here
                    This reminds me of my forest home...before the forest fire,
                     so it sort of describes me in a way.

Artemis by Lindsey Stirling 

You can also listen to it here
I suppose this is now three songs instead of one song. 
But this song reminds me of the feeling I have when I go hunting in the forest. 
                       
What, do you think of romance, yes or no? 
I'm not particularly interested in romance at the moment. Other girls may be interested in talking about what they think of romance on stage *makes a disgusted face* but I don't think it is something really worth talking about. I would rather be friends with boys than being in love with them. Can we please talk about something like weapons as opposed to romance?

Me: Sure...here is a question you might like instead:
Sword or bow? 
Oh good! I've used bows and arrows more often, but I am not limited to only that.
I do use daggers and swords if my opponent sneaks up on me and I am unprepared...
So to answer your question, I like both.
If you were going to a party, what would you wear?
Even if it was a festive party, I can't let my guard down. And wearing a dress would limit my abilities to protect myself. Yes people would expect me to wear one...
but for safety...I would wear something else...

My first option would be this toga:
(Image from wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_William_Waterhouse#/media/File:Circe_Offering_the_Cup_to_Odysseus.jpg (if you are uncomfortable with nudity, there is some nudity in a few of John William Waterhouse's paintings. I just wanted to warn you, if you decide to put the link into your search-bar.) )
Though it would be comfortable, it wouldn't provide much protection from possible attackers. Especially since it is easy to tell if one is hiding weapons in it.

And then I would consider this one:
(Image from wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tauriel)
It would protect me, but everyone would wonder why I was not wearing something fancy for the party and why I was being on guard.

So in the end to fulfill my need for comfort during a party, and my need for safety I would wear this:

(Image from wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_William_Waterhouse#/media/File:Miranda_-_John_William_Waterhouse.jpg (if you are uncomfortable with nudity, there is some nudity in a few of John William Waterhouse's paintings. I just wanted to warn you, if you decide to put the link into your search-bar.) )
This isn't a see-through dress so I can hide daggers around my legs,
(Image from Pixabay, https://pixabay.com/photos/knife-weapon-middle-ages-blade-1730010/)

because carrying around a bow and arrow wouldn't exactly make everyone in the party feel comfortable.

A man out of nowhere. Asks you to marry him. What do you do? (Note that he happens to be a prince from a kingdom, and is looking for someone to marry and be his queen). 
I would decline, though ruling a kingdom might be an interesting thing, its not for me.
I know many girls would gladly give anything to marry a prince out of nowhere, so that they could rule a kingdom. But ruling a kingdom wouldn't be of much use to me, for it wouldn't help the world, because I would be helping but a single kingdom, and not the whole world itself.

(Last question) Who is your favorite Greek goddess? And why?
This is probably very obvious.

(Image from wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis#/media/File:Diane_de_Versailles_Leochares.jpg (warning: if you are uncomfortable with nudity, there are a few nude paintings of Greek gods in the article, so be warned.))

But Artemis the goddess of the hunt, childbirth, and the wild is my favorite. I've always looked up to her archery abilities, and especially the fact that she loves nature.

Me: Well...that is all the time we have for now. But the next two characters who are going to be interviewed are Riona "Fire" and Celtiere *points to the audience* and I need your questions for them! I am going to make Character Interviews something that the audience (readers) can participate in. So it would be very helpful if you could leave comments asking questions for Riona and Celtiere.
See you next time! *Curtain closes and fades to black*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who is your favorite Greek goddess? How would your own characters react to the questions I asked Oak? 

-Quinley


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, great post. I loved seeing Oak's answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, McKayla. :) It was fun to get inside Oak’s head.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Middle Earth Musician. :) I hope eventually to write a story about her in the future.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! I totally missed seeing that I need to ask qustions. Here are mine.
    Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
    What is a new skill you would like to learn?
    Favorite fighting style?
    Do either of you have a rival?
    What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
    How did you both become best friends?
    Biggest fear?
    What is a random fact about yourself?
    Where would you like to be in ten years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are awesome questions, McKayla. :) Thank you for posting them. Riona "Fire" and Celtiere will answer them soon...
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.