Sunday, May 19, 2019

Stories I am working on This May



Hello everyone,
I wanted to give you an update on The Silver Key (which I might make a blog post about soon), I reached my goal of 12,000 words:
(Image downloaded from Camp NaNoWrimo's winner page.) 
Every month I rotate which novel I am writing (going back and forth between The Silver Key and The Mystery of the Body Thief), so I thought I would share what I am working on this May: 



The Mystery of the Body Thief: Annabelle's Return  
Just like Charles Dickens labels the parts in his stories, I am labeling mine, and calling it 
Annabelle's Return because... 
I finally got to the point in my story where Annabelle is awake!
She has lost her memory unfortunately, and she converted back to what she was like in book one. She is not willing to take risks, and sadly is acting like a "damsel in distress." However, that doesn't mean when she regains her memories she won't start taking risks and solving mysteries again.

New songs that remind me of the novel:

The Beauteous Maiden by Derek and Brandon Fiechter (with vocals) 

You can also listen to it here
This song I could imagine playing in the background when Annabelle wakes up. 


All Our Yesterdays by Blackmore's Night 

You can also listen to it here
                                  I think this is a perfect celebration song.

Nothin' New - Kalie Shorr

You can also listen to it here
I can't exactly say what part of the story this reminds me of, because of spoilers, 
but it does have to deal with something rather large that is going to happen in the romance portion of the plot. 



Blue and Gold (I don't know if this is the real title or not yet) 

The inspiration for this story was Gulliver's Travels, which I am still reading. It had a huge impact on this novella, though it doesn't follow the exact same plot. My characters are travelling by boat, but instead of having islands represent dystopias, there is a sort of hidden dystopia that will be revealed in my novella.

All I can say at the moment is that these songs remind me of my novella:

                                           Fight Like a Girl - Kalie Shorr 

You can also listen to it here
**warning slightly strong language: usage of the word d*** *** 
I can't say what part of the story this reminds me of because of possible spoilers, 
but it reminds me of (I can say this without spoiling it) something the protagonists might like. 
Hero by Heather Dale 


You can also listen to it here
This song really reminds me of the protagonist's motive. 

Fight Like a Girl written and performed by Kalie Shorr, Hailey Steele, and Lena Stone
 
You can listen to it here
**warning slightly strong language: usage of the word d*** *** 
I love that this song has many singers singing it, 
and I could imagine the protagonists singing this as a group. 

Plotting The Silver Key
Even though I am not currently writing The Silver Key I have been plotting it out and working on the world building (which includes working on the mythology for it) and character development which so far has been successful. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
What stories/novels/novellas are you working on this May?
Do you have any songs that remind you of your stories? 

-Quinley 

10 comments:

  1. Okay but THESE SONGS!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the music, Jane. :) I always try to find music that the readers will like (and also songs I like as well.) Do you have a favorite song out of the ones I posted?
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. Those sound like cool stories!I'd LOVE to hear more about them. I'm currently writing a movie script, a superhero novel, and a fanfiction about one of my favorite villains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, McKayla. :) I would love to hear more about your stories too.
      -Quin

      Delete
  3. Your story sounds awesome! Rotating stories is such a smart idea. I'm constantly trying to zip through a story so I can move on to the next idea. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kara. :) I hope my idea of rotating stories helps you. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
  4. Ooh, Blue and Gold is an AWESOME title. :-O Your stories sound so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Middle Earth Musician. :) Blue and Gold has a meaning within the story. ;) Which I can't reveal yet due to spoilers.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. Hey Quinley, this is Kristen we met last weekend at the Cafe (I am the bass player/singer). Congrats on hitting 12,000 words! It's very cool that you are working on world building for your novels The Mystery of the Body Thief and The Silver Key. It looks like you've got a bunch of great ideas swirling around for your character Annabelle. Thank you for sharing you blog with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen, thank you so much and it was wonderful meeting you at the Cafe, I loved listening to your music, you have an amazing voice. :)
      And I do, I hope that some of the ideas, that I came up with that involve her get used in the story. :D (Since not all the ideas do sometimes.)
      -Quinley

      Delete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.