Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year's (+ Favorite posts and other things from 2018)





Happy New Year's everyone!

Like I did last year, I thought it would be fun to list the things I enjoyed from 2018.



                       Favorite posts I enjoyed writing from 2018:

                           The Tag That Must Not Be Named 

   Why Choosing Actors and Actresses to "Play" Your Characters Helps You See Them Better


  Favorite movies from 2018: 
There are many movies I enjoyed seeing this year and I had many favorites,                                          but here are a few. (I had many many favorite movies from 2018, 
but if I included all of them, it would make the post really really long.) 


                                                       The Incredibles 2 

                                           
(Image from wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incredibles_2#/media/File:The_Incredibles_2.jpg) 

The sequel to the Incredibles was awesome.                                                         



                                                                Labyrinth 

                                
(Image from Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth_(film)#/media/File:Labyrinth_ver2.jpg) 
           
  This is the first time I watched the movie in 2018, and I quite enjoyed it, 

            and the songs from it are awesome!
  

                        Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them (2016)

                               
(Image from wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them_(film)#/media/File:Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them_poster.png)


                 Though this movie was not released in 2018 I watched it for the first time this year
                and enjoyed it. And the beasts in the movie were so cute.


                   The Phantom of the Opera (2004) 

(Image from Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom_of_the_Opera_(2004_film)#/media/File:Poto2.jpg)

This was the first time I saw this movie this year, and I enjoyed watching it. I also enjoyed the costumes, the sets, and the singing.
            You can read my movie review here 


                                                favorite books from 2018:

                                 Frankenstein by Merry Shelley
                                 Beren and Luthien by J.R.R Tolkien
                                 Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
                                 Matilda's Secret (a Girl For All Time book)
                                 Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz
                                 A Drowned Maiden's Hair by Laura Amy Schlitz
                                  Peril at King's Creek  by Elizabeth McDavid Jones
                                  Labyrinth Coronation by Simon Spurrier


                                   favorite music from 2018: 


                                                         October by Lena Stone 

You can also listen to it here 
One of my favorite artists released a song called October in 2018,
which I really like and have listened to even when it is not October. 

Jabberwocky performed by Erutan
 
You can also listen to it here 

One of my favorite singers, Erutan, began singing again in 2018, 
which is wonderful since I was worried that she would never sing again. 

Tarts performed by Erutan 
You can also listen to it here
This is also a favorite song of mine that she made in 2018. 
She is actually planning on making an Alice in Wonderland themed album which will be awesome. 


Left of Center by Suzanne Vega 
You can also listen to it here 
I found out about a singer in 2018, called Suzanne Vega, 
and I like the style of her music. (Though her music was not released in 2018)

Warmer in the Winter by Lindsey Stirling 
 
You can also listen to it here 
I really enjoy this Lindsey Stirling song. Also it is so neat that the music video 
had to be filmed all in one take without breaks. 

Think of Me from Phantom of the Opera
 
You can also listen to it here 
This is one of the first songs I heard from Phantom of the Opera

Main titles- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 
You can also listen to it here 

I loved the whole soundtrack from Fantastic Beasts
but I thought that this song sounded very mysterious. 

Smoke and Mirrors by Kalie Shorr 


You can also listen to it here 
Though this is one of Kalie's older songs. I recently found out about it, 
and it has become one of my favorites of hers. 
(Also it kind of reminds me of my character Lady Annabelle.) 

Sidewalk Someday by Chloe Gilligan 


You can also listen to it here 
I really enjoyed this new song. 
                                Other:  

In 2018 I found out about a YouTube channel that talked about getting dressed in certain time periods.  

Getting dressed in 1816- Mary Shelley 
You can also watch it here
At the time I watched this I had been reading Frankenstein

Getting Dressed in 1665 Delft
 
You can also watch it here
This was one of the first videos of theirs that I watched.

Getting Dressed- Dickensian Christmas (1853)
You can also watch it here
I managed to get there in time when this premiered and watched it then. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are some of your favorite things from 2018? 

Love
Quinley 

1 comment:

  1. This is really great, Q. I LOVE Fantastic Beasts. Now I have some new songs to listen to, and some new books to read and movies to watch.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.