Monday, November 6, 2023

My Art from Inktober 2023 (Part Two)

Click here to read part one. 

Greetings Adventurers, 

Here's the second part of my Inktober series. The post after this one is going to be what I am writing for NaNoWriMo. But after that, I will return to posting the final part of this year's Inktober series. 

 Here's the official prompt list: 



Day #11 Wander. Reed Hayward (from The Heist of Dorian Gray) feeling lost in thought. I decided to go for more wanderings of the mind rather than wanderings in the physical sense. 

Day #12 Spicy. Ocean Guy cooking. I figured he has an interest in cooking when he isn't saving the world from villains. So I decided I would give him an apron with a seahorse on it and draw sea themed stuff in the background. 

Day #13 Rise. Since Zora (the lead singer of Blackbriar) often acts as characters in the band's songs, I figured I would draw a character the song "I'd Rather Burn" which is about a witch,
and one of the lines is: 
"But know I'll return and I'll be dead awake
I'll be dead awake, rising from the stake"

Day #14 Castle. Denisse Grigory going on tour and performing near a haunted castle. 

Day #15 Dagger. This was the sketch I used to create my new header (above). In this drawing, I am imagining that Arcasia found a weapon given to her by the goddess, Artemis (indirectly: Artemis left it for her). This is like how in Clash of the Titans (1981) Perseus receives weapons from the gods. 


Day #16 Angel. I decided to draw Aziraphale from Good Omens.

Day #17 Demon. I drew the "painted" devil, a creature that appeared in this post

Day #18 Saddle. This is Ophelia going out for a ride through the forest. I haven't drawn my characters riding horses a lot, so I decided to challenge myself. 


Day #19 Plump. I took "plump" to mean the round kind of plump (referring to the tapioca balls) and drew Dorian Gray (from The Heist of Dorian Gray) trying bubble tea. He does not like it, nor does he get the point of why anyone would do this with tea.


Day #20 Frost. Edith (from The Haunted Sketchbook) walking through a graveyard. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Which drawing is your favorite? What weapons would you like to receive from a god/goddess and/or, what's your least favorite type of food? 
-Quinley 

5 comments:

  1. These are all terrific, loaded with your characters' personalities! My faves are Ocean Guy (#12), Angel Aziraphale (#16) and Dorian Gray's opinion of bubble tea, with which I totally agree, lol (#19). Have you watched Good Omens II? I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are fantastic but Frost totally took my breath away! What an incredible scene. I really connected to it <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Ocean Guy cooking is such a fun idea, just like Denisse performing near a haunted castle. I loved the story behind Rise, and my favourite drawing might be Dorian's, because his face literally talks. And you drew Aziraphale! I hope one day you'll try your hand at my beloved Crowley too 😉.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh new header image! I like Ocean Guy's cooking. It'd be fun to know what he's making. I'm not sure what kind of weapon I'd want to get, that's a good question! Maybe a sword or bow, although that's not very original. :)

    Thank you for the well wishes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the last one (#20) the most #12. Weapons? I think I prefer something easy to carry and practical like a pencil or something smaller. I don't like avocado - couldn't get used to the after taste.

    Have a lovely day.

    I think Blogger is playing tricks on me. Just when I can sign in to other blogs, I can't sign in to yours.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.