Monday, January 20, 2020

Martin Luther King Jr. Day Drawings 2020



Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day everyone! 
To celebrate I decided I would post drawings of my characters of color. In Fantasy there tends not to be as many characters of color, which is sad, but hopefully there will be more stories that do have that in the future. 

The first drawing is of Elm, my dryad character. 
I really love how her hair turned out in this drawing. 


The second is of a character who doesn't currently have a name yet, but she is from
The Silver Key, and is a priestess and martial artist. 


This character who doesn't have a name yet, was actually inspired by 
the fact that Halle Bailey is going to be playing Ariel in the live action Little Mermaid
Even though the character herself is not Ariel. 

A drawing of Elm dancing in the rain, I really love the way this turned out.
As for this drawing, I thought it would be fun to draw her in a pose that showed she was ready to fight. In my book, she is a very skilled marital artist and someone you probably don't want to anger or hurt her friends. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which drawing is your favorite? Also, do you have any favorite Fantasy books where the main character is a person of color? 

-Quinley 


3 comments:

  1. I love these drawings and agree it would be great to see more diverse characters (and/or actors) in fantasy novels and movies. The drawing of Elm dancing in the rain really captures a great moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree-there should be more diversity in Fantasy!!! And OMW your drawings are so amazing! I love Elm already. <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUR DRAWINGS ARE SOOOOO GOOD! I think the one of Elm in the rain is my favorite. And, yes, there should definitely be more diversity in fantasy.

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.