Saturday, October 28, 2023

Making a Halloween Decoration


I was inspired by a video about painting a ghost on an old thrift store painting in doing this project. The video that I'm referring to can be watched here

The object I decided to paint was not a painting, but instead a free-standing art piece that looked as if it needed some adjustments. I decided to change her into a ghost girl. 
I began by working on the flowers. I felt as if they needed to stand out more. 



I then adjusted the leaves and decided to give them more detail. 



I placed a skull near the flowers, and drew some blood around it. 

I then painted the dress white, and gave it spider motifs, such as spider webs in her hair and around her dress. I was partially inspired by a drawing of Victorian children in making her dress. 

And here is the final result: 


Before                             After 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you like making your own Halloween decorations (if you celebrate)? Are you excited for Halloween in a few days? 
-Quinley

4 comments:

  1. Great makeover! The skull and the touch of blood on her hand were nice additions. That white dress is fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea -- and a great makeover. I love the spider motifs, maybe especially the pendant around her neck, and the blue roses, all sapped of lively color, too. Definitely reframes the feelings of the original image. (anno)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun! I especially like the spider detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that turned out nice! Great work. I love the skull :)

    ReplyDelete


Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.